Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria - Ch. 121 - Face-Off

Dex-chan lover
That deal sucks. Helping Enyo means helping to destroy the whole city, which would lead to the deaths of her followers. So, how exactly helping Enyo would save her followers? Or were all of Demeter's followers shipped far from the city? Even in that case, if she was happy saving her few followers and dooming everyone else, it's a sucky deal. Better send her back up to Heaven.

Dex-chan lover
That deal sucks. Helping Enyo means helping to destroy the whole city, which would lead to the deaths of her followers. So, how exactly helping Enyo would save her followers? Or were all of Demeter's followers shipped far from the city? Even in that case, if she was happy saving her few followers and dooming everyone else, it's a sucky deal. Better send her back up to Heaven.
Honestly, it felt like an opt-out. Having Demeter truly being Enyo would be perfect. But Demeter was too popular and too well-loved, the author might have been pressured to make a last-minute change.

In my opinion, the reveal of Enyo's true identity came off worse than a bad episode of Scooby Doo. The context clues are extremely weak, the logic of logistics felt like bending over backwards, and the motive are just quizzical. Maybe the manga will play it off better, but I have a feeling the next chapter isn't going to be as well received.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not against Demeter being a bait and switch. Her being the mastermind CAN be considered too simple.

Naming her the mastermind makes the wine seem like the main thing, but it was only ever a means.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeesh how long are they going to draw out the reveal of Enyos real identity.
Reminds me of the old TV show "Lost". In the end the reveal wasn't worth the build up, hope this goes differently.

Dex-chan lover
Iirc most of her familia works outside of the city proper on farms to feed it. They have a base in the city like most guilds, but most would be outside of the city already when it would be destroyed.

Whether or not they could survive the horde of monsters that would flood out after is another thing entirely.

Dex-chan lover
Iirc most of her familia works outside of the city proper on farms to feed it. They have a base in the city like most guilds, but most would be outside of the city already when it would be destroyed.

Whether or not they could survive the horde of monsters that would flood out after is another thing entirely.
But they aren't there anymore. They have been captured by Enyo. They are wherever Enyo is holding them. Logic dictates Enyo is holding them somewhere under his control, which is probably within the destruction zone, but there is a possibility it's somewhere else. We do know monsters were exported outside of the city, after all. It would be a gamble to maintain a significant base/presence further away, though, for something running a clandestine operation for so long.

That's a good point about the monster horde afterwards. Makes the deal even worse.

Dex-chan lover
if we're talking about having kidnapped Persephone then it has to be hades right? i mean who else could it be.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it felt like an opt-out. Having Demeter truly being Enyo would be perfect. But Demeter was too popular and too well-loved, the author might have been pressured to make a last-minute change.

In my opinion, the reveal of Enyo's true identity came off worse than a bad episode of Scooby Doo. The context clues are extremely weak, the logic of logistics felt like bending over backwards, and the motive are just quizzical. Maybe the manga will play it off better, but I have a feeling the next chapter isn't going to be as well received.
demeter being enyo doesn't make any sense. if you read up on greek mythos you would see why the likelihood of demeter being enyo makes no sense but why her being manipulated does. i try to avoid doing so because for as loosely based as danmachi is on the real mythology of the characters, it does tend to spoil things. danmachi takes way more from the myths than people give it credit for.

Users who are viewing this thread