Dungeon Reset - Ch. 61

Fed-Kun's army
@thegoatrider That's the point though, even as someone who grew up with bread, the idea of ever getting emotiontal about having bread after a long time is silly to me. Bread has no meaning to me despite being very common. In fact I've tried a low-carb diet before in which I had no bread/grains/rice/etc for over a year straight and it never bothered me in any way during or after. This asian rice addiction trope is way overdone and it's illogical to assume that it's somehow a nation/culture wide assumed truth.

@Kayriel Like I said, I'll give them some leeway based on the situation their in, nor did I say anything about the actual meal they had, my annoyance was very specific to the rice and tofu, two VERY bland foods that somehow, on their own, was being held so lofty. The meal as a whole? Sure, the dish is very flavor heavy to make up for the lack of flavor of the base ingredients (rice and tofu), no complaints there, it's the comments describing the bland base ingredients as being so delicious with very few comments on the dish as a whole that felt very silly. For example, you talk about cheeseburgers, this scenario is the same as if they had breakdowns over the buns, but didn't say much about the burger as a whole, no one would do that.

Contributor
@Bramia I can relate. I'd probably cry if I saw a rice dish in an isekai world. Being able to find and eat dishes which represent your childhood is something to be emotional about.

Food culture is just much more prevalent in some countries (I've mostly noticed it in asian countries). This is something I've realised after travelling for a while. Some cultures just hold their food in higher regard. It's probably hard to relate to/understand for people who didn't grow up with it.

And what beef dish are you talking about? This is the first time I've heard of someone looking for a beef dish in France so I'm curious.

@frungy I think the difference is in "willingly gave up with the possibility of eating it at any point if you want" and "cant have". For instance, i cant have gluten, which takes soft bread off the menu, there are alternates but anything home made just isnt vary good, the decent breads have a ton of various types of gluten free flour and other ingredients. most store bought alternatives are not that good. after years i finally found a good bread and i cant tell you how much you can enjoy a simple sandwich with soft bread, that sense of normalcy isnt to be underestimated. Even pizza, virtually every recipes i tried, came out as practically garbage, most store bought versions were variations of garbage and "if i eat it in two minutes the flavor isnt bad" There was one that i eventually liked with enough ingredients on it but it was made with cauliflower and the taste does come through a bit... after having garbage pizza for over a year, finding one that was edible was amazing. Since then ive found an even better brand and the tweaking of ingredients on it, its so damn good its likely one of the best pizzas ive ever had. i tried going back to the other one and the cauliflower taste was too much, it just wasnt as good as i remembered. But being able to enjoy a good pizza? there is nothing better then that.

As an aside. virtually all soy sauce isnt even made with soy anymore, its made from a cheaper product... wheat. Which nukes every fast food chinese dish since most are premade, frozen and with wheat based soy sauce. ive had to pick up how to make some of those sauces myself just so i can use authentic soy sauce. And again... having yummy food i couldnt eat or couldnt find good recipes for... there is really nothing better...

So these people surviving on jungle plants and meat, having nothing they can enjoy that they are used to, struggling to survive, seeing friends die... and then to be able to have a reasonably authentic meal they love from home? it would be shocking if people didnt cry.

Also.. ive mostly given up carbs because most gluten free breads are *double* the carbs... but its nice to be able to eat something you like every so often, and most 'diets' dont last if people are strict with them, they eventually give in even if they dont think they will, so having a cheat day provided you dont over do it isnt a bad thing.

Aggregator gang
Damn now I lowkey wanna play PvZ again, it’s been so long...

Weird achievement reward for the skeleton ne

Aggregator gang
I'm glad I'm not alone in having the urge to play Plants vs Zombies. Been a while. Forgot how fun that game was.

Also, not being Korean is making me feel very left out. Have no idea what this food is.

Dex-chan lover
Twice as good at breaking bones? better avoid tripping

bro in some scene there are 100+ humans in the skeleton castle but in other scenes there are not even 50
also, the text "you are twice as good at breaking bones now" is so funny xD

better avoid holding something too or else he might hear cracking sounds and then notice his fingers are limp @Fari

Users who are viewing this thread