Dungeon Reset - Ch. 66

Fed-Kun's army
Why didn’t the rabbit get teleported? Why didn’t he contact the rest of the group the moment they got separated?

@Saxit

I was thinking the same thing. I think the author maybe misunderstood something, conflating "force" with kinetic energy, or with momentum.

Either kinetic energy (m * v^2) or momentum (m * v) would be more relevant. In this case, I think momentum would be most appropriate, given that the ball is relatively slow but massive, and continues straight thorough the target. Think of it as the difference between an enthusiastic five-five (ouch, my hand, lots of kinetic energy), vs getting slowly tossed a massive yoga ball (no pain, but it knocks you on your ass - high momentum)

Power Uploader
as a generalized statement due to provocation (which will be mentioned on 2nd / Quality release) no raws were "stolen."
chapter 65 came out slower since we actually completed all of the Redrawing and SFX on it, which Flame did not attempt.
we did experiment with upscaling for chapter 65, but it was too burdensome for the redrawer's PC.
We do share a staff member with Flame Scans who can attest to such. We get our RAWs ourselves the same time Flame does.
If we waited for them to release a chapter we wouldn't be able to finish till possibly the next day since our Redrawers live in Europe and need to sleep.
if anyone wishes to contact me directly concerning this baseless statement, please send me a DM on Discord at Gravity#5555

@MrFakOff

Nah. I appreciate the release, but it's FAR from perfect with the grammatical issues. It's immersion breaking when grammar is off but more so sometimes miss out on the actual meaning of certain statements when it's off. Good for you if this incomplete translation is enough for you, but thankfully there's a second release with better grammar.

I had to read this and then read the Flame scans to really appreciate the chapter.

Power Uploader
@ namisaur

Can you point out what needs fixed?

All PR fixes are made with the exception of 2 bubbles, which are fixed in our high quality release thatll come out shortly.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Hotto spring action! But wait a minute, there's no girls...? Oh no... it's going to be a sausage fest. :<

Power Uploader
per request, im gonna post a semi finished update. the 1st page does not have redrawing completed yet. its 2:45PM in Texas while posting this message.

I know competition gives birth to improvement, but this devmax/flame scans hysteria is just sad.

I joined flame scans discord originally, because of them picking up returner's magic should be special and with a great translation at that. They are really pleasant people to chat with and from their discord I found dungeon reset.

I originally read reaper scans, because they made by far the best translation, whereas devmax not much so. I only started reading this manhwa 1 week before this and after seeing that reaper scans left, I went to devmax, which was the only option, but by then their translation got a lot better and I'm sticking with them since then.

After all this said, I still think that one isn't worse than the other (I sometimes check the flame scans tl as well), but rather I would say it depends on personal preference. I like flame scans' more casually worded translation, but I myself like Devmax's professional styled translation better.

Still though all I want to say is that both flame scans and devmax consists of normally pleasant people and continuing such an aggressive competition between the two of them is sad for me to watch, we pirates who can't afford or just won't buy the original translation (or there isn't any translation at all in english so we have to rely on scanlation) should stick together and form an efficient, kind community, because I always feel a bit of guilt at least that I'm getting all of this for free, and I fear that once it will stop if I don't show my appreciation (so I do show).

If we're already bad guys who won't pay the original author, whatever the reason may be, we should appreciate every and all scanlation team that again is doing free labour, because they are not doing it for money, but because they like doing it, just like all manga/manhua/manhwa authors generally.

Of course these teams live on money as well so they always bring attention to financial support, especially that in this case devmax and flame scans won't even get any revenue from ads on mangadex, which in itself wouldn't be much money either.

So just please at least as a reader only, try to appreciate both scanlation teams.

Power Uploader
@heliosone

I think the majority of staff at Flame scans can do some good work, especially SxThx, Rule, and Jack.

As far as I know them continuing is just based on ego at this point, with a possibility of money on their part since they have a website that needs ad traffic to maintain. So if someone notices them in this series and looks at another, then notices the other series are on Flames website that helps their group. Which is completely understandable. Every group should strive to have their own website at some point.

Dex-chan lover
For such a grinder, he has the attention span of a freaking gnat half the time.

Power Uploader
as a test, we did end up still upscaling post high quality release. i also chopped the pages up a bit more. let me know what yall think.

@HeliosOne OMG thank you so much for this. it perfectly sums up everything. I just hope that one day all this fighting will stop

for those who are just tryna read the comics, sorry about all our drama xD

Also @Graviity you @ the wrong person xD (HeliosOne)

@Graviity

Significantly sharper visuals and better loading time👌

Though it's not neccessary if this ultra-high res visual strains you guys' pcs too much, it looks already pretty good.

Dex-chan lover
Don't mind me, I just wanted to post something here...
Oh, and beware of spoilers about what will happen next!

Screenshot-2021-01-19-Ch-66-Dungeon-Reset-Manga-Dex.png

Users who are viewing this thread