Dungeon Reset - Ch. 67

Dex-chan lover
@Middleware yeah that's actually a great idea. Best of both worlds. I actually read the other group's translation of this chapter first and I was wondering why he was so embarrassed about being called directionally challenged, so the gilchi explanation was actually pretty useful for me. But if they translated it as directionally challenged and just put an asterisk explanation at the bottom, that would have been perfect.

Dex-chan lover
@Middleware @firosahoge I am definitively in the camp of "keep it the word that has special meaning in the native language it's being translated from, but transliterate it a la Romaji for Japanese", but definitely agree that having what it could be translated to in English is a good thing so that you can also understand what might be meant by someone using the English terms that it translates to in an incorrect manner- they're referencing such a concept. I much prefer it the way that it was shown here, though, because there are plenty of words from other languages that English has borrowed as loanwords or even loanphrases that are in common use, like the French "mise en place" in restaurant settings, or "c'est la vie" to indicate a general sense of "life happens whether we want it or not", "schadenfreude" from German to indicate enjoyment in watching another's suffering, and so on and so forth.

Fed-Kun's army
Personally, I like seeing interesting words from a language. You learn a new and fun word from a different culture. I think it makes it more interesting to read.

These bone eating squirrels are super cute.
Not the brightest though, these snow ones. I also thought Dawun had been able to understand Pokyuu from some time past, he got some kinda achievement for it.

Users who are viewing this thread