Eboni - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Aggregator gang
This guy is still a huge asshole, literally the most privileged person yelling and asking why a oppressed and abused person abandoned by her country for a crime she didnt commit isnt mad that she doesnt have rights. When did she have them, if she had them before that supreme court she certainly didnt afterwards. Oh plz die. Lets get a claude in here they are usually as problematic but at least they are quiet.

Lord give me patience because if you give me strength I'll punch right through this computer screen....

@Mojo Facts, if they weren't slaves there wouldn't be two different languages seperating them in the first place!

@reineve YES WE LOVE IT TO SEE IT

@lazerus56 Please get us a claude, hopefully that ain't the ml because if it is I might actually consider dropping this

That right there...That man yelling at her with that look in his eyes, demanding her to answer his question she probably doesn't even know herself, the reason she probably answered that question no is because she knows that's what he wants to hear anyways, and the fact that teacher got locked up and probably executed for teaching women to read continental language is also sad.. This boy- because he sure is no man, can't just be yelling at her and putting pressure on her like this, the woman doesn't even know him!

This isn't a type of story to read with a simple mind, even if it's entertainment is requiring depth thoughts and patience to understand beyond impressions. I like that in this site comments can be hidden because this needs personal reflection before reading what the rest of the readers thinks, especially those with little patience for the story to develop and the characters to grow before they are properly introduced.

The translations and the flow of the narrative are quite good, thank you.

Why would you take her in knowing what she's been through just so you can treat her like that... Sofucking discourteous

Double-page supporter
Archduke is pretty much a moron, but a well-intentioned moron.

Aggregator gang
Queen of Babel reminds me of Empress Martina from Lady and the Beast. 😂

Dex-chan lover
Why did her freedom being requested though? Eh, that's probably for later part

I don’t like the archduke (for now). He speaks like this from his privileged status, so he should be more understanding of her situation.

Im annoyed, why did he ask her to read those papers knowing that by the conventions of her country, she "shouldn't" be able to? Was it to embarrass her? He doesn't seem the type, but I don't quite understand the end goal of asking someone to read something knowing their understanding of it would be illegal.

As much as the archduke seems to many people that he is too harsh on Ebony, I take it the other way instead. He is making Ebony question the laws and diplomacies of the country that condemned her for an alleged homicide she did not commit. "Why is this the way it is? Is it because I am a woman? Why are women so disregarded in this society?" It's a way to get people to start questioning everything around us and find our own conclusions. I use it all the time when I come up with concepts for projects, where I have to fine reasons to justify a certain fact for said concept. Questioning her harshly, I feel, makes her break out of her slump, because, had the archduke worded it softly in a roundabout way in consideration of her, she would have definitely started to blame herself again for everything, thus making her feel even more worthless. Wording it clearly here helped her to begin a thought process.

Just an opinion. Although she did have a considerable amount of trauma, so maybe raising his voice at her wasn't such a great idea.

edited some spelling errors

My dude, she's been treated as trash for five years and was indoctrinated in misogyny all her life. Do you really think some harshly worded riddle is going to make her think "oh you have a point about equal rights"?

She broke down crying because an old lady was nice to her and can't even sleep in a bed because she doesn't want to take any risks. Give her a gosh darn break.

Bro asked if she was illiterate and when she started reading he interrogated her 💀

Users who are viewing this thread