Eden no Hana

Well that’s as way emotional and up and down and depressing but still interesting. Definitely a psychological tag and prob a trauma tag

Yukari is so annoying. Like oh my god, if he doesn’t like u, let him go. And who the hell does she think she is to barge into someone’s house and live there, while acting like she owns the place. A piece of ass would. Honestly, what a useless character.

The story is pretty good but i feel like it could've been better.
while it was quite disappointing that this was yet another incest cop-out (which kinda seems to be the case for most shoujo incest) ut was still good all in all. My only issue with the story is the two most unbearable characters in the story seem to be the driving point for conflict which kinda came off as lazy and unimaginative. There were so many problems that started that could've been prevented if the dad and yukari just didnt intervene. Like how you tryna act as if midori is the bringer of bad luck when most of the problems started after yall showed up?
Also i feel like the author was trying to portray yukari in a more sympathetic way but just came off as completely unlikeable. She definitely does have her moments but then would just completely make a whole 180. Like one moment she's being kind and acts like an energetic older sister but then the next scene she's suddenly throwing a fit about how she hates midori and how it's all her fault or something which was very confusing. Moreover why tf does tokio put up with her shit? She is literally so selfish, entitled and overbearing with no regards for anyone but herself. And she had the gull to call midori selfish for wanting to hold on to her brother when she literally does the same. Plus I'd also like to mention how the whole kidnapping incident is 100% her fault. Not only did she shaken midori up with shocking information but she also left her alone. Then she tries to blame midori for tokio losing his sight as if it wasnt her fault in the first place. All in all i dont think there is a simpler way to describe her other than a bitch. Tokio should've smacked this bitch's ass a long time ago.
Now for the dad, sigh. The logic as to why he doesnt like midori frankly is very stupid. My man is literally trying to blame an incident on a 3yo which btw wasnt completely her fault. How dumb can one be, she was three and didnt know what she was doing. Hell even tokio himself doesnt even blame her cuz again she was 3!! How petty do u gotta be to hold a grudge against a 3yo. This dude didnt even blame the (midori's) father who in actuality is the real culprit despite the book trying to feed us the idea that it was midori even though her father clearly intentionally taught and instructed her how to start the fire and where to do it.
Other than that the only other complaint i have is the fact that in the earlier chapters everyone was trying to push the idea that she's in love with her brother onto midori (this was before she found out that they werent actually related). Like they could've made midori fall in love with him with less force. It was so weird how everyone was so adamant that midori loved her brother. I mean they do know that she sees him as a saviour from her old abusive life right? This dude is the one who helped her get out of her terrible situation so obviously theyre going to have a connection with each other on a deeper level. Especially since he is her only true family member left so it's no shocker that she grows attached to him.
All in all this story had potential to be great if they just made a few tweaks. Either way it's still a good story and not a bad read either with the exception of getting frustrated by the two most unbearable characters ever from time to time. But other than that it's good.
7/10

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread