EDENS ZERO - Ch. 124 - Kiss & Die

Dex-chan lover
After last chapter I was disappointed. This chapter managed to push that away. The designs may be the same, and the powers more Jellal but both sharing (and seeming to have a bit of Erza's power too), but the interactions are a lot more different to how they were in Fairy Tail.
Their past is interesting since she obviously stopped something but that caused a massive loss of life, and justifies it as the lesser evil and criticises his own justice for being too naïve. While he believed there was a right way to do things and that any loss of life on that scale should not have been the answer, and hates her for thinking such a thing is acceptable. Combined with them meant to have been married in the future, that means they must have been incredibly close for a time so that split know runs deep. Especially at that end.
That kiss. Neither of them took it as a chance to make amends. Neither tried to accept the other. No, both used the chance to stab each other and inflict a severe blow on them. It wasn't a betrayal on one side in that moment, both willing took the option. Shows how far they are from each other now that their relationship is to kill the other.

@zedsa I dont know i guess its a difference of preference. I personally like when every character is unique with their own abilities that are specific to them.
I mean i dont mind if its VERY similar (like characters having the same elemental ability or from the same source but as long as they have enough differences its still great to me. For example Gray and Lyon in FairyTail both having Ice make. It was still great to me cause Gray had objects and Lyon had animal creations. Even other ice mages like Invel were different enough that it was still cool to me. I just dont like it when it's exactly the same.
My problem with it is the abilities feel redundant like this and It takes away from the character's awesomeness if another character is the same or better with that same thing.
I actually really liked how Fairy Tail almost never gave two people the same abilities and even if they did have it, it was different enough to keep each character unique on their own. Other things like design and personality being different do matter but so does the abilities to me. Just my preference.

If elsie was a princess then why was it on the earlier chapters it was shown she was eating with ziggy's crew when she was a child. And correct me if wrong but didnt she grew up with ziggy's crew? Or am i missing something?

@SSJR2
Hiro never did something this lazy in his other series and came up with new abilities constantly. Even in this one he did before this these past chapters. Dont get why he did this lazy move with them.

I take it you never read Rave Master, Mashima's first series. He gave the hero a sword that could change between ten forms that each had their own magical power, then gave an evil version of that sword to the first major villain. After that guy's defeat, the evil sword fell into the hands of the story's main villain. He has not only given enemies the same power before, but has done it twice within the same series.

@SnowSiren like i said in my reply to him with the Gray and Lyon example, i dont mind if they are VERY similar but just not a carbon copy. In those cases, the abilities where all similar but used in different ways with different degrees of power. They both had similar abilities but weren't the exact same like this case. Also yea i have watched Rave Master.

I dont mind it when its a really similar ability or more power version of something either, Im not that picky about this. I just don't want an exact carbon copy. Like me saying Gray and Lyon is cool with me is an example of that.

@SSJR2 The only difference between Haru and Lucia's swords were the aesthetic of the plain form and what emotion the tenth form was powered by. If that much difference is enough for you, then I have exciting news: Justice's ether gear changes his hair color and Elsie's doesn't. They're different enough to meet your standards.

@SnowSiren Their swords, abilities and the way they even fight is exactly the same so there's no difference and im talking about abilities not appearance.
Anyway, this is just my opinion thats it and my reply was only to show why. Anyway you're free to feel differently. I'm not gonna make this some long debate.

Dropped Edens Zero long time ago.

So it is again a "tough love" between Erza and Gerard? LMAO

Dex-chan lover
Kind of satisfying that kiss !!! Looked like Erza and Jellal finally kissing in FT....

It sure is confusing for characters to look alike this much....

Ignoring the whole Jellal/Erza thing, I actually find their conflict with one another to be rather interesting, where it's about whether one should try to fix the system from the inside slow and steady, where you fail and the corruption remains unchanged, or just destroy the system altogether even if it might risk destroying everything else as well.

Users who are viewing this thread