Edogawa Osamu's Anthology - Ch. 11 - About My Friend Who Has Bad Taste in Men

Double-page supporter
nothing better than having your cake and eating it too. i hope you choke on it.

Dex-chan lover
So much anger here, their situation is just sad if anything.
They both lack courage to confess. And while the gyaru is an asshole, the naive girl is not much better for being so oblivious.

Dex-chan lover
@criver
oblivious, adjective
not aware of or not concerned about what is happening around one.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo I know what oblivious means, thank you. It's just stupid stating that she's oblivious or no better because she trusted her friend. Trusting a friend doesn't make you oblivious, and I am pretty sure few people would even begin to guess that their friend is actively sabotaging them because they are after them - just off the fact that this is pathetic behaviour.

Dex-chan lover
@criver I never said anything about trust though? I called her oblivious because she doesn't realize how the gyaru feels about her.
Well, most people don't usually assume that someone of their own gender has feelings for them. But if she had asked other people about those guys, she would have figured out that something's going on. Even without that, the "you still got me" phrase in the given context (love affairs) is sort of a hint.
So, what choice does the gyaru really have? She could try confessing, but since the naive girl isn't gay that could end their friendship. Helping her to find a boyfriend could lead to the same result - friends tend to grow apart after getting into relationship. And doing nothing just prolongs the inevitable, there's nothing but misery in the gyaru's future even without us shitting on her.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo
I did say something about trust though - there's nothing oblivious or wrong about trusting your friend. There's something wrong when that friend takes advantage of you though.
"You still got me" can be understood as her comforting her friend, so you will see romantic feelings there only if you're looking for those to begin with - which you are, seeing as you have an entirely different perspective and understanding of the situation as the reader.
What choice does the gyaru have? How about not taking advantage of her friend to begin with? I don't care if her feelings are one-sided - still doesn't excuse the bs she's pulling.

Dex-chan lover
@criver Okay? If you were arguing against something that I never said nor disagreed, then I don't really know what to add.

> can be understood as her comforting her friend
Dunno. I would personally find it a little bit strange if my friends were saying "you still got me" while gently patting my head, regardless of gender.

Oblivious or not, it's a betrayal of friendship. If your friend is actively sabotaging your love life while only looking out for their own interests, they aren't your friend. Gyaru-chan is not half pint's friend. When Moko eventually gets a boyfriend, I trust Junko will act in bad faith.

Fed-Kun's army
Ye that's disgusting. Gyaru betraying her friend's trust like that all for her one sided crush that will never happen. Disgusting

Users who are viewing this thread