I miss the old times

Power Uploader
hey great contribution bocchi I'm really glad you're part of this amazing community you know it wouldn't be the same without you telling us that you haven't read that long ass post bitching about whatever I didn't read it either you're like the pillar of the cumminity here keep up the good work jack to you later :)

Very cool that there was a time that you watched everything and liked it all. But now you're older and more selective. And that's so damn normal. Don't feel bad and keep looking for hidden gems;)

Aggregator gang
Well, it's true that the medium has been saturated, and innovative and evocative gems are rarer. But, it's also a case of you getting older.
Humans experience motivational salience primarily through novelty. If you've watched a lot of anime/read a lot of manga or LN, you tend to internalize and compartmentalize all the tropes, narrative devices, and themes. Very little is novel anymore, especially in a medium that's already very formulaic. That predictability and absence of novelty literally translates to your neurons failing to reach threshold potentials, via the D1 dopaminergic Incentive salience system, and your limbic system refusing to engage.
A medium has primary positive reinforcers, that make it objectively good, like beautiful cinematography, art, music, prose, narrative, et cetera.
A medium also has conditional positive reinforcers, that make it subjectively good, which can be its theme, its characters, tropes, literary devices, setting, et cetera.
Once you've watched enough anime/read enough manga, it gets progressively harder to get emotionally invested and/or intellectually stimulated, because you've already experienced approximations already, dozens if not hundreds of times. The stimuli are simply not strong enough anymore, you've built a tolerance.
Imagine reading an amazing book. It can make you cry, ponder, laugh, daydream, and even change your outlook on life. It can be an intense experience. Now, imagine reading it a second time, in quick succession. Will it evoke the same emotions? Will it have the same intensity?

Dex-chan lover
So you saw, in total, 5 good anime, and you think you have seen everything...

Sorry, it was little mean, but the fact that you watched Re:Zero 2 times enrage me.
This is why I never talk about anime, it makes me hate everybody.
I love myself from 4 years ago so much
1689527993-ryo08.png

Dex-chan lover
So you saw, in total, 5 good anime, and you think you have seen everything...

Sorry, it was little mean, but the fact that you watched Re:Zero 2 times enrage me.
This is why I never talk about anime, it makes me hate everybody.
Many chefs also do that. They only tasted a dessert, a main dish, a pair of Hors d'oeuvres, a sandwich and then they thought they're Ramsay.

actually the issue is just youre watching anime, which is made for otaku, but youre a normie, so you dont get it

i can keep rewatching the same anime and enjoy it even more everytime

i suggest you find some other hobby, preferably in the 3D world

i miss the old times when anime was not popular…

Users who are viewing this thread