Eiyuu Densetsu - Sen no Kiseki - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
A bit immature, but doesn't drag its feet too much, so I'll follow this one for a while.

But, seriously, why get mad at someone YOU dropped YOUR boobs on? Stupid bitch.

I advise anyone who is interested in this (and has the time) to play the game. This part of the series has 3 games out (the 4th is being made right now) and the first two are translated. These are some awsome JRPG-s with bonding events that are a little similar to Persona. Hell, if you really have the time then play trails in the sky aswell (and before this) since all the Legend of Heroes games are in the same universe and it's always fun to see the references.

Dex-chan lover
@Leonhardt676 I wish i had the time to sit down and grind through the games to get the story right, but somewhere around 10 years ago with work and responsabilities piling up, sitting down to blast through an RPG with a deep story has become harder and harder.

Dex-chan lover
This hasn't really convinced me from my original reasons for not playing the game. Sky was more than alright, but I do NOT need standard battle school tropes with even MORE standard tsundere tropes.

Aggregator gang
Names are arbitrary; they don't have to make sense, they just have to be unique enough that you don't get confused in regard to who/what is being referred to.

After all, Windows 8 was followed by Windows 10; if it's good enough for Microsoft...

To me, not having played the game or being at all familiar with it, I still caught that it was a joke.

You might also consider this:

The whole reason for this special class is to shake things up, yes? So why not start right from the beginning, by making the class name differ from your expectations.

From that perspective, it's actually not a joke, but a deliberate effort to kickstart the student's looking outside the box of their preconceived ideas of how things work.

@agshield

PC has more voice acting? I played on the PS3 so I never heared about that. Did they spend some plus money to have more voice acting for the MC? :D

Double-page supporter
@Yamibi
I'm pretty sure that there are only 6 classes in the 1st year - 1-2 for the nobles, 3-5 for the commoners and 7 for the special class.

@Weasalopes
Very true.
I have a darker theory as well:
I think that Class 7 was separated by a whole class number because they also have a more dangerous curriculum than the other students: they're testing prototypes of the latest military tech and are being sent on "field trips" involving real action; I won't go into more details than that. Just in case anything bad happens to them, they can easily be stricken off the academy records.

@Leonhardt676
Yes, not only Rean but the others get more VA. It's still not FULLY VA'd though as far as I know. There's also the advantage of better performance, being able to replay it far into the future and a few quality of life features.

You can buy it on Steam or GOG if you're interested. From an article that I've read, Famicom seems enthusiastic in porting their games to PC.

@agshield
I don't know about the stricken off records thing :D I mean you have someone with a very high noble status and the daughter of the strongest swordsman in the country. Those people dying would be impossible to erase. Also if I remember correctly they never expected the fieldtrips to end up so dangerous, that was only a coincidence.

Double-page supporter
@Leonhardt676
It was just a personal theory of mine trying to rationalize the name outside of what's revealed in the game :p

Now that you remind me (I haven't played this in years), pretty much everyone's high profile in that class so my theory falls apart :))

I'm clearly overthinking things so don't take me too seriously

Users who are viewing this thread