Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 14.2

thanks for picking this up genderbenderbb! I'd been meaning to finish my translation of chapter 14 for some time but just havent had the time.

PS saw a few very minor errors. nothing serious. probably your proofreaders can spot it with a 2nd pass

Dex-chan lover
Well, ten says it's got something to do with her reincarnator status (something stupid like her "soul" is too big for her body and is causing her an imbalance) and another twenty says she'll find a way to use it to her advantage.

help! i can't understand what this sentence mean! not even with my imagination going sky high!
"just being unable to cast magic doesn't mean. it doesn't mean that i..."

@friezaisdead It's an unfinished thought, the first half should have ended with an ellipsis imo. The second half is just repeating the first half for emphasis (or like stuttering) while it trails off without finishing. Probably the intention is to indicate frustration or something. One possible way to finish the thought would be "It doesn't mean that I can't become a magic swordsman."

Dex-chan lover
@Gotham2298 so the cause is not the thing with drinking her milk as a baby? Or what deathhappens say? I dont mind spoilers (but pls put a spoilertag there)
me is greatly confused

Dex-chan lover
Isnt this the one were the mc didnt wanna drink their moms milk and drank cow milk or some shit instead? yeah i wonder why your body is fucking dying man no clue

Double-page supporter
@Dragou:
The answer is "yes." Failing to drink her mother's milk as a baby has definitely had a bad effect on her, but this is more than that. Basically, her body builds up mana faster than she can release it, until it eventually overwhelms her and she passes out.

@flannan: I read that one for a while, but got tired of it. The kid is basically a god: she can create her own pocket universes, seal off space with barriers to prevent anyone from noticing anything's happening, spends her entire day practicing and creating magic, has made magic that's beyond the scope of anything anyone in that world has ever imagined, etc. etc. and she's still barely even 3 years old and can't even speak properly yet.

Double-page supporter
@kaminomikan
mana deficiency? or mana overflow?
Mana overflow is correct. In part because of her status as a reincarnator. Her previous body had basically no mana. The new body has a huge amount. But normally you passively emit it. She doesn't and it builds up too much. It could be said to be a mismatch of soul and body. But there is somewhat of a fix to be had,
which inevitably leads to the return of the assassin Reid, and an actually good fight.

Dex-chan lover
Dragou
It goes further than just the breast milk thing, she has a extremely high amount of magic within her body but she lacks a 'tap' in order to release it.

it feels like the art is progressively getting worse... I wonder if the artist is losing interest in the project or smthn

Dex-chan lover
I really hope they don't make this into a "She's too powerful for her body, so if she trains she will have enormous power." I'm really tired of reincarnation MCs that can do everything just because.

Users who are viewing this thread