Elf to Shuryoushi no Item Koubou - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
He is immobilized so lets slowly explain why... For once can enemies be treated like enemies? Yeah yeah I get it, they have questions and he has the answers. But this crap where they show kindness to someone who was out to kill them is stupid.

Double-page supporter
@Akabane When they did they show him kindness? You’re whining about something that never happened. Them explaining what’s happening to him is sorta cliche, but that’s so the readers know what’s happening. That’s still not showing him kindness though.
@Stoner Then don’t read it, dumbass.

Boring... So boring... Does no one know how to write an interesting story?

Aggregator gang
@liquidsword maybe authors should stop treating readers like retards? Does it matter HOW this dagger was created? No, at least for now that information is useless for readers AND heroes. "show, don't tell" etc. Wish more authors would use this.

This whole chapter was a cliché (sans idea with using the dagger) and yes, it felt boring.

@ericbj well, it was interesting til now.

Thanks for the translation. Chapter felt short, but I’m all in on the story. Give me more.

Aggregator gang
@tikibo Why they don't use the "show, don't tell"... because then they can't fill 20 chapters with 1-3 chapters worth of content.
Whilst world building is important, it's not important enough to force shove it down your (players or) readers throat. (DnD experience)

Dex-chan lover
The style of explaining the items made and breaking them down to their ingredients is pretty consistent with how the story has been told from the beginning ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ this isn’t the most “new” storyline and yeah it’s a little cliche but I think it’s sweet. It’s fun to follow a hero that isn’t a typical warrior/mage archetype

Dex-chan lover
Then he just cleaves the guy in half lmao
This battle would have ended much quicker if Yurya didn't muck around.

Dex-chan lover
That sword... it's too big, too thick, and too heavy to be called a sword. Indeed, it's but a piece of raw iron.
lyssna_p_vr_grnsaksrock_631.png

Aggregator gang
@maffo666 that's the difference between good author/DM. They will fill it without shoving it into your face.

I liked the first half a lot, but these last couple have been a stark change. The pacing is off and it feels like the touch they had is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread