Empress's Harem - Ch. 125

Poor Bai Yu... He's starting to be my favourite, although I don't know if it's any good for him to be with the FL. As usual, the author is telling it like it is 😂

Thank you for the update ♥️

@NanoPanda64. If he was the only ML in a story he would do just fine but the other 3 are just way better. At this point the little brother of the main consort of the first princess is my least favourite but i also guess he isnt really a ML

"There's no way I'll let a man control my destiny" I feel like she's talking about her past self. And funny enough, it also feels like the author herself saying "there's no way I'll let a fan control my story" on her notes at the end of the chapters.

As frustrating as it is (she really like to TEASE 😂) I respected her for her unyielding mind. I might be wrong, but it's rare to see an author defending their vision as fierce as her.
Out of topic spoiler about another manga
One of those rare example is Bakuman, one of the mangaka inside the story made the publisher promised to forcibly end a manga that he choose if his piece reach a record breaking goal. Turns out the manga that he choose is his own work and he told them that he intended to end his story when he wants to end it, that he's not going to prolong a story that should have end just because fans are begging for it or because the publisher wouldn't let a money machine to stop working. It was such a memorable scene because if you follow the trend of manga world at that time, you probably know or at least feel that some series should have reach their end yet forced to continue because it's popularity was such a money grabber and everyone except the mangaka just can't let it go
. Of course one can give constructive criticism but too much and it could put originality at risk. Once a story lose it's originality, it would feel like just another repeat of another work and loses it's charm.

The more she defend her ideal vision, the more I respected her.

@NanoPanda64 Same tbh lol. Tho for me he and Butterfly sometimes kinda of the same level. Just because I really did not like someone as clingy as Butterfly everywhere, whether it was in real life or as a character in a story.

Bai Yu and Qian Han are my favorites now, tho I certainly wouldn't reject it if Little White appearing a little more often (his assassin appearance is just so cool 😍)

@Queen1500 Its so true. If the other consorts were just the ones from the start who were like background characters, his character wouldn't seem so weak by comparison. Butterfly is willful and was annoying in the beginning but he's cute, Bai Yu is mysterious but clearly cares for the FL, Quian is what I'd consider a strong ML, Little White isn't marriageable yet but he's a compelling character overall; even the Li kid I can see as ignorant and he'll gradually come around (like how he wasn't aware his brother was being abused and he's already warmed up to her a bit).

Fei Yue is just okay. Like the blandest FL tropes shoved onto a man; makes cute things for the one they like, cries and acts pitiful non-stop, accepts whatever their lover does but still somehow gets what they want without doing anything, other lead falls for them for no reason, fights with the main cuter, more capable rival because "I'll accept anyone but you!" Like, it's fine he's the main husband but he's so unlikeable

@Thifa Those two are my top picks as well but I'll admit I like Butterfly too. His clingy nature isn't too overbearing (at least not yet)

i always love reading the Authors little notes at the end of the chapters😊

Tbh I don't care if this manhwa takes longer. My sexy babies will appear for a longer period of time and I don't mind that at all. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Users who are viewing this thread