Eroge Tensei: Unmei ni Aragau Kane Buta Kizoku no Funtouki - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
I get they want to have emotional weight...

But who tf cares that much about a crazed goblin that wants to rip and tear apart anything human? man woman child, they don't care.

And in as brutal a fashion possible....

Like, the remorse doesn't make sense, given he knows about all of that and literally just saw it.

Now if it was a human I'd get it, but it's a monster that lives and breaths death.

Fed-Kun's army

But who tf cares that much about a crazed goblin that wants to rip and tear apart anything human? man woman child, they don't care.

Like, the remorse doesn't make sense, given he knows about all of that and literally just saw it.

Now if it was a human I'd get it, but it's a monster that lives and breaths death.
I agree and even go so far as to include humans (bandits and assassins clearly aiming for your life). Having these “I never wanted to kill” moment seems insincere (on the writer’s part).

You make a character that claims to want to protect the people they’re in charge of, fighting against crazed monsters. Can a person be naive enough to believe they could get by without killing? Maybe, but not in a world they KNOW these kinds of events happen.

It would be infinity better (in my opinion), to simplify it to “he understands, but didn’t realize how it would feel.” Knowing about killing, that you HAVE to do it is very different from the actual act.

Double-page supporter

How many humanoids have you killed?

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the moment could have made sense if the goblin hadn't been a complete bestial goblin or if there had been a peaceful goblin before.
But this was just a rabid animal with no expectations that goblins are anything but that.
So it falls flat entirely.

Dex-chan lover
I agree and even go so far as to include humans (bandits and assassins clearly aiming for your life). Having these “I never wanted to kill” moment seems insincere (on the writer’s part).

You make a character that claims to want to protect the people they’re in charge of, fighting against crazed monsters. Can a person be naive enough to believe they could get by without killing? Maybe, but not in a world they KNOW these kinds of events happen.

It would be infinity better (in my opinion), to simplify it to “he understands, but didn’t realize how it would feel.” Knowing about killing, that you HAVE to do it is very different from the actual act.
Yeah, this would have been much better if he had been merely shocked by the stench of blood, possibly also guts if he had cut open the goblin's stomach. Saving the moral shock for having to kill a human, at some point, would have worked better. It feels pretty goofy to have this sort of scene for the sake of a crazed, ravenous goblin. Unless the dude was an extreme animal rights activist (and vegan) in his previous life. But he wasn't.

Dex-chan lover
People are acting like there arent people disgusted by the thought of killing anything, let alone a humanoid. Hes from modern day Japan and this is literally the first life hes taken up close with his own hands. Its the difference between shooting a deer from 150 yards away and killing a wild dog by stabbing it with a knife. How many of you have killed anything larger than a bug with your own hands and not a firearm?

Dex-chan lover
How many humanoids have you killed?
You like to ask complicated "superficial questions"?... So tell what is the best course of action telling that story, or how you reaction to the overreacted moral dilemma of kill humanoid non-friendly rational beings that lost their minds, eat their own species and attack like crazy anything they finds

Group Leader
I get the reaction with his first up close kill but those lines from the other guy of "You only came along because of your sense of responsibility as a noble, right? That isn't a good reason to take lives." Like bitch what the f did you think we were out here to do? Have a picnic?

Users who are viewing this thread