Eromanga-Sensei

Aggregator gang
People need to remember something: While "Oreimo" had blood-related siblings, these two, from page 1 of chapter 1, are openly revealed to be step-siblings. And if the interpretation of the rest of chapter 1 is to be taken in one direction, they're not even that anymore since the MC called Sagiri his only family (Could imply divorce or deceased relatives), meaning that tie is broken. So while the incest tag has it because they still consider each other brother and sister (or at least the MC does), in the eyes of the law, no they're not. Not anymore.

"But if they're deceased, they're still related."
Technically, yes, but actually no. Unless a distant relative of Sagiri's or the MC's adopted one or the other, they're officially unrelated in the eyes of the law.

This is not an unusual mindset. I know plenty of American families that had step siblings, parents married for several years, then divorced, but the kids still refer to each other as family.

So really, the incest tag is only because neither of them are willing to lose the last "family member" they have. A far cry from "Oreimo" where they actually are related and not even the death or divorce of their parents can change that.

(I repeat, nothing I said is spoiler. This is all in chapter 1 alone a few pages in).

People should open-minded, or you'll end up as retarded like those purist white sjw cultist.

why are people reading a loli incest (nbr) manga and not expecting the loli incest (nbr) end?

Did anyone else hear about an Australian senator's review of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDmbo5dxgQg

Contributor
@Swain123 - I read this on a news website, just a retard who want popularity using an easy target and using as scapegoat the same redundant fabrication "protect the kidz" because if you read such stuff you will encourage criminal behaviour in real life too. A pathetic argoument.

Hope the australians will not have SAO, Goblin Slayer and other anime censored or banned, they should unite and move a petition against this farce, or they will be force to go with fansubs and rips, removing any legal way to watch animation.

Dex-chan lover
@realbakuu this last arc in particular as well as the premise of them misunderstanding their relationship in such a roundabout and simply braindead manner, yes. but the manga still has some redeeming features imo

@TwilightFaze You're wrong about Oreimo. While it was never explicitly stated in the novel, it was hinted multiple times that Kyousuke was adopted, such as there being no pictures of his early childhood (which he excuses as his parents not caring about him) and how his "father" constantly tells him that he should be the one to take care of Kirino with a wording normally referring to marriage.

Also, in the VN, there's a hidden route where he confronts his "parents" with this and learns that he's actually Kirino's cousin (which in JP makes it legal for them to marry) who'd been adopted.

Aggregator gang
@Ulfhednar: Thanks for the clarification. I always thought it was just them being snarky, not actual fact. Cousin is still a grey area though, so an incest tag there qualifies either way, law or not.

My point is, however, that unlike Oreimo no such ties exist for them. At least not anymore. Only they view each other as brother and sister because they grew up together, but as far as it being incest, it doesn't qualify since there's nothing that actually ties them anymore. No blood ties, no familial ties, no distant relative ties (though if you feel sassy, you can always use the Adam and Eve argument LOL). Nothing.

Group Leader
xvrIo5V.png

R71

I wish Mangadex had more tags so I could filter out "incest" that isn't incest at all (like one-sided affections and NBR crap). If you're looking for brother-sister romance that actually delivers then you have like 3 or 4 works to choose from and nothing else because these tags couldn't be more inaccurate and vague.

Dex-chan lover
@Delta0 incest no, as aren't 99 % of the manga tagged as such (even trysts between cousins aren't since it's perfectly legal in japan and many other parts of the world for that matter).
ecchi, yes definitely. they're playing with the loli genre with strong emphasis on sagiri's chest area. aside from these "chest shots" there's the classical panty shots, revealing costumes/swimsuits and other stuff.

just because some series stressed the border between ecchi and hentai in the past, it doesn't mean that everything has to be that extreme to be counted as ecchi.

Fed-Kun's army
Where should I start reading if I already watched the anime? Or this different than the anime?

Users who are viewing this thread