Error maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a similar issue, when trying to download a chapter. I'm on Windows 10, tried with Chrome and Firefox, both latest versions. Chrome usually downloads all the chapter files plus some other files from the page; now it's only downloading these other files. Trying to manually save one image yields a .jfif file that can be renamed to .jpg and then opened with a viewing program (but the page numeration is lost). In Firefox, downloading the whole chapter only ends with a download "Failed" message. Trying to manually download an image does nothing. A bit of experimentation shows that the .jfif problem only happens in recently uploaded chapters (i.e. I can still manually download images from chapters uploaded a couple of days ago).

Double-page supporter
Yeah I have the same problem as well. I use mangadex on phone and suddenly I can't download images at all

Same things happen when I’m on Chrome on ipadOS 14.4.1, buat strangely I can download it just fine on my phone using same browser.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
For all of the above; @tenayuki @Arikachi1 @Mov201 @shoggoth15

Device:
OS + version:
Browser + version
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on:
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things:
Have you switched your DNS servers:
If you've tried a VPN:
Have you tried MD in an incognito tab:
Have you tried MD in a different browser:
Have you cleared site data/cookies for MD:

Device: PC 64bit
OS + version: Windows 10 Pro 19042.867
Browser + version: Chrome 89.0.4389.82; Firefox 86.0.1; Edge 89.0.774.50
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on: only on Chrome; Mangadex is whitelisted in all of them, but I still turned them off, with the same result
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things: no
Have you switched your DNS servers: no
If you've tried a VPN: no
Have you tried MD in an incognito tab: yes
Have you tried MD in a different browser: yes (Firefox, Edge)
Have you cleared site data/cookies for MD: yes

A slight correction to my previous post: it's not that I can manually download images from older chapters, it's that I can manually download any images (at least in Chrome and Edge), but .jpgs save as .jfif (they can be renamed and work correctly), while .pngs work just fine.

Device: IPad air 4
OS + version: iPadOS 14.4.1
Browser + version Chrome 87.0.4280.77
Whether you've got any adblockers/script blocking/anything unusual installed as a browser add-on: no
If you're using an ISP with a history of blocking things: no
Have you switched your DNS servers: no
If you've tried a VPN: no
Have you tried MD in an incognito tab: yes and just now it was fine
Have you tried MD in a different browser: safari, I can download just fine
Have you cleared site data/cookies for MD: yes

Update: today it seems fine. I can already download files completely. Thank you for the response.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@tenayuki We changed something in the reader for compatibility, but it wouldn't have affected you regardless, so I think it's probably your network connection at fault.

i have that problem on my phone and cant see any chapters page everityhing is update in the system of my phone bc a week before you guys update the page i updated my phone system and everything was normal

I believe you are stating that previously the pages used to be able to be saved as jpeg or png but now only shows index.png no matter what you click thus cannot save the manga on the com. Is this something intentional by the host or is it something of a side effect of the recent architecture changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread