Ester de Valonia - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

the goblin and dwarf hinted that theres a rumor that a human can summon monster but only a little know about this and most of them dont belive it because they are outsiders not summoned by the king himself

I feel like the plot hasn’t moved at all. Nothing new is going on aince chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter, its still kinda hard seeing dwarves and mindflayers be referred to as demons. Ah so he's having difficulty his "new role" as king. Makes sense this was just a game and a way for him to kill time before and now he actually is a king of a nation of living things so he has actual responsibilities now. Plus since he can't be sure they heard his apology or fumble six of his commanders just saw him summon a monster only to watch it die in front of him a few moments later. So him having some concerns about how that "oof" could effect both the commanders and those new citizens feelings towards him is fair.

Thanks for the translation, its interesting, but I do hope the MC develops a little more confidence in himself soon.

Its probably gonna be Deus ex machina with the Rebellion happened and MC justify that as his reason for practicing summoning. If it like that, I will be really disappointed.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or does it feel like nothings happening? Its like the plot hasn’t budged since the first (maybe third) chapter. The MC still hasn’t learned anything after interacting with these guys and testing things out (not a very stable king so far), and for some reason STILL thinks everyone is out to get him despite EVERYTHING suggesting otherwise (the loyalty is maxed out and they’ve acted very devoted to him thus far). The kingdom’s kinda gotten back on its feet, but that’s too be expected. Those unsatisfied citizens have been planning this rebellion for what feel like ever and no one is doing anything about it. Then when the plot might actually do something we get a different character’s perspective and go back over what we already know. The plot feels less linear and more like a cinder block stuck in the road. Different character perspectives are nice, but not for entire chapters and when we’re still at point 0 with the MC. This is like a slow life, but with none of the focus, development, or just anything happening (when the main characters domove its just to survey the land, talk, test stuff, or talk/idle chatter while walking around and doing nothing (all that would be fine if we weren’t at chapter 7 and nothing’s happened. Plus characters can walk and talk and run into the plot (EX: 2 characters talking while walking and giving exposition and showing off their personalities when they notice someone suspicious, follow the guy, and run into some guys planning a rebellion))).

The author desperately needs to just focus on one character at a time (preferably the MC) and find some direction. So far this is just Overlord, but the MC’s permanently stuck in the shock stage (it was refreshing that he didn’t “immediately” get out it, but this is going on too long) and the plot just permanently stuck.

Group Leader
Again so all over the place lol. Why are we suddenly shifting to some random goblins viewport?
Also all that build up about the summoning and again a flop after.

Not surprised this got axed tbh.

There was potential here concept wise and the character designs were pretty cool but the actual artwork is very rushed and the story is not only not going anywhere in perticular but also jumping all over the place entirely at random, some important bits are not even mentioned and later it's like "yeah, that happened", like the expediction or the rebellion. I still don't know what the expedition was for, what was he trying to achive, when he gave the order for it. We got almost nothing about what happened during that time and now the're back with no report?

Honestly it feels like the author wanted to do a "city management" story but quickly realised "oh shit I actually have no clue how to write something like that", then begun stalling for time in the early chapters by padding them with random events. This is perticularly harmful since these are the ones that metter the most when it comes to establishing a story and an audiance for it.

I'll give it a 3/10 because I did like the overall setting(Overlord kinda vibes, but a bit lighter) and the chracters but these can't carry the story alone, not even if the art in each panel was 100x better than it is. This is my generous rating.

oh fuck this shit, him acting like this is really fucking annoying. I know I already said this before but if the mc actually had an interesting and good personality then this artificial tension wouldn't happen. he just needs to say that he wanted to practice his magic or something, he doesn't need a reason do anything, especially using his own magic outside

I like it
I imagined a hilarious scenario to amuse myself like him telling the truth while embarrassed that he was intentionally trying to summon something smaller bbut when hhe saw thhe here of zombies jhe accidentally summon a dragon zombie instead hehe
It won't happen but it's still fun to imagine

Thank you for the translations

Users who are viewing this thread