Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
As far as I know the first time an Etrian Odyssey game has legitimate swearing as we know it in its script was EO5 (and at worse it was just "shit"). So I found it funny Simon just ups and calls Edgar a "fucker" (which, to be fair, he is. Like damn).

Well it seems the gang has entered the second stratum proper and are on B6F (Dance Hall of the Fairies). Now all that's left is to watch them be put to sleep and be subsequently cut up by petaloids (I'm actually serious I wanna see that drawn 😄).

Thank you for the translation (all your notes at the end were very nice as well).

Group Leader
As far as I know the first time an Etrian Odyssey game has legitimate swearing as we know it in its script was EO5 (and at worse it was just "shit"). So I found it funny Simon just ups and calls Edgar a "fucker" (which, to be fair, he is. Like damn).

Well it seems the gang has entered the second stratum proper and are on B6F (Dance Hall of the Fairies). Now all that's left is to watch them be put to sleep and be subsequently cut up by petaloids (I'm actually serious I wanna see that drawn 😄).

Thank you for the translation (all your notes at the end were very nice as well).
Yeah I wasn't sure how to properly convey the translation in that fucker line Simon just says Kuso in japanese along with Arthur throwing it around, I noticed that some translators would put it down as damn/damn it and some people don't take well to cursing cause it seems edgy. But it just didnt seem like it flowed well with the rest of the dialogue and Simon's face, I was debating with using "damn you or you shit" for a bit. I went with the same thought process with Arthur since he throws it a fair bit, but in this chapter I decided to write down the "they keep fucking harassing us" line.

And thank you for your appreciation.

Thanks for the translation, after months of leaving the game right before the final battle, I finished my first etrian (although I know there's A LOT of people who call untold a bastard for having story mode) and I'm doing the post game, stratum 6 sure was a surprise... will probably move to U2 if I don't do a ng+
In any case, I love Tlachtga and Ricky so it makes me happy seeing them drawn in a manga. And once again, thanks for the TL!

thank you sooo much for translating this series!! EOU is one of my favorite games, and i've always been super curious about the manga (i actually have physical copies! can't read them obvs but yknow....i have them and that's kinda cool lol) so it's cool that it's finally getting translated!

Users who are viewing this thread