Everlasting God of Sword - Ch. 52 - The True Words Of The Violet Phoenix

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks read anonftwtf comment, it explains most of it.
Basically the leader of TS and some other obscure members were having very doubtful practices such as threatening other scan groups about having the legal rights to some series (which was false of course, but they even made fake proofs like messages from the author etc), they wanted to have people pay for reading chapters (I'll remind everyone that scanlation is illegal, no matter how you put it, it's just tolerated as a grey-area because you're supposed to not make profits out of it), they also sat on piles of chapters ready for release and kept taking on new series, because of that the series some followed didn't get any releases and they had a scummy way to release chapters -> "donate to see which series gets priority" so when people donated enough amount for a certain series, it got some releases.
While they could have released everything they got and stick to the series they already had, they made profits from this.
Also the new leader "Slam" of TS (if you followed so far, this "new leader" doesn't represent the guys here which are under this "no group" banner for now) is in the same train of thoughts as Dru since they announced to have dropped a lot of series in order to focus on the most popular series of the group... except most of the series they claimed to have dropped never were worked on by TS (they claimed to have dropped some series from Meraki Scans and Wowe Scans).
And the list goes on and on.

So yeah, basically Trash Scans is fracturing and as you can see, some other members who weren't aware of what's going on (not interested by the Discord or other group politics etc, like most of us are) choose to go their own way apart from TS. I recall Trash Scans becoming a thing after his holiness (joking) Allen stopped gifting us his presence in the scanlation world, a lot of people working in the scanlation world made a group with the same mindset Allen had about translation... or so it was supposed to be, it kinda was like this in the beginning.
TS exploded in pieces and are now getting the spite of those who know what was going on, which is well deserved.. BUT some members weren't pro-active or even not aware of what was going on, I can't tell if these guys releasing under no-group as saying the truth or not, honestly they've been releasing without asking for anything else so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And Allen is back too ? He's still flying under no other colors than his own as well.

I hope it helped, I tend to write too much as you can see.
Wishing y'all a happy New Year ?

@Shyning @Crazywolf21 I release under no group because we don't want to be connected to the old name... but basicly we r the same as befor ? after i come up with a group name and others agree ? the name should not include any kind of garbage ?

@Shyning We had a system with multiple teamleaders where each leader had like 5 series... team dru, a, b, c and d... and we agreed to release the chapters as soon as we finish them.. so the only chapters which dru could have keept away for whatever he is acused of where only a few... the only reason why someone else might have keept something unreleased would be for special events where we would do mass releases... but we did not get toled that it is because someone paid for it... if you'd like to ask the teamleaders perosnally
Team A: Arcky (left the group by now), Team B: Albex, Team C: idk anymore lol, Team D: i used to be the leader for a few weeks but now it is Nemesis... Team E: is not really relevant as it was created after the time of Dru..
u can DM me in case u don't find them on discord

Btw in theorie Slam is still my leader and i am a Manager or something ?.. but i kinda do whatever i want because Slam tried to get the group to work but she wasn't able to do it and no one really helped her... so i kinda selected a few ppl to do what i want...

edit: i messed up the mentioning of Crazywolf21

Dex-chan lover
@Shyning yeah that sucked. feel bad for those TS guys not involved or not in the wrong (like @xElfenlied), but i agree that paywalling a scanlation is a dick move. it HAS been a dick move since the Onemanga era. now the question is, how will the group fracture, and i guess if @xElfenlied wants a new group name, s/he'd better think up of a theme before i start spitting out really random names like CheezTaco Scans or something lol

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks Tantrum Scans ? ?
Tetrahedron Scans ? ?

@xElfenlied well that's not even really what was written on the credits page back then.
On the credits page you could see Dru (never noticed if someone else was also saying such things or not, didn't care about names back then) asking for donations to decide which series they'll "work on" after taking more than TS could chew (well, he obviously didn't say that last part). And the group kept taking on new series, letting a lot of series dormant because of it until someone donated enough for Dru to care (you can see gaps of whole months between some updates on "active" series TS worked on).
I don't know Slam or what she's been trying to do, however what I do know is that she claimed to have dropped things TS never even worked on. To most readers which don't know about who works on what, they understood from this that TS would focus again only a few series. The truth is that nothing really changed in mentality with this.
I'm not talking about you and the ones working with you since you've been cool about it so far, I'm just stating what went on so far in general.
At one point I also remember Dru being pressured by MD rules about not holding back the release of chapters (3.2.6) on MD in order to bring people to your website (ie. make profits and use MD as a tool to make profits), back then there were a dozen of chapters being held back from being uploaded to MD purposely to get people to come on TS website, after Dru got pressured into following the rules, he disguised the big batch release as something I don't remember in the credits while he was just forced to comply with MD rules (which only ask to be fair about the use of MD). Well, I'm saying "Dru" but I don't remember who actually uploaded the chapters, I just remember the first credit page of the batch being signed by Dru.
A couple of people dug way more into this than me, they had hoards of screenshots from the TS Discord or PMs with Dru and shared them in the MD channel to make people aware of what was going on with TS. It should be possible to find them again but I'm definitely not willing to dig something that are months and/or weeks old in a channel that gets thousands of messages daily D:

The only thing I'm really annoyed by is that a group which started under the banner of taking over Allen's legacy became this way and because of that, some groups which wanted to work on some series TS forcefully took over gave up in updating these series, now these groups are working on something else which can be seen as good or bad whether you like these series they're working on but a lot of series TS took up are now dropped and no one seems to take over them. (except the ones you're working on).

Anyway, what's done is done now, I wish y'all a happy New Year !

@Shyning oof the wall of text ?
well sometimes we got asked to add a page to advertise another series of ours which i included in 2 of my uploads.. but usually i h8ed those pages that i stoped includeing them ? just credit page + talk page.. everything else gets skipped anyway and was only annoying..

well others followed drus order a little more.. but well was what it was.. :/

and if you ask me.. even thos things that r not officaly droped by "the team"... i don't care if another groups picks them up.. if it didn't get any releases in 1-2months without any notification it should be free for anyone to pick... would be nice if they would ask befor picking it up but not exactly nessecary.. but if they ask if they could pick something up and i would be the leader of the group i would even support them with an annoncement on the server that project x/y will now be done by group x/y which 14k+ ppl could read...

Group Leader
@xElfenlied yeah I'm not blaming you at all (not thick text this time ahah) ! You already cleared yourself about this.
Most of us also think as you do, anyone should be able to pick series once they feel inactive. However Dru kept threatening people about having legal rights and that he'd sue them etc. He also made up false proofs which some people believed so they didn't fight it.
Anyway, it's good to see that out of all this mess, some like you remain.

See you around ?

@Shyning

well if anyone would fall for that it is kinda ther own fault.. i think u already mentioned it but no matter how u look at it... it's illegal and he would have fallen into his own trap if he really would have done something.. ? he just acted like a child.. the only reason why he was leader for such a long time was because someone kinda controlled him kinda... but this person got tired of playing guardian for him.. and he also don't want to be directly connected to the illegal stuff...

Dex-chan lover
@xElfenlied ooh i got one good name. what about....Chinese Waifu Scans?

btw does the new name have to be shortened to TS or is it still a FFA?

@Shyning yeouch just saw that text wall. yeah, that kinda bullying isn't really good for the development of scanlations. I'm with Elfen here, but i'm more lenient in that 3 months is my deadline, accounting that there are groups like Biamam and Champion who still does serieses, albeit at a very leisurely pace comparatively speaking. WITH exception of HQ releases if the current existing ones are of notably lower quality (eg: compare Loli Mamoritai's more flavourful LQ vs SlowAF's clean HQ in https://mangadex.org/title/23635/potion-danomi-de-ikinobimasu. both versions are good and complement each other.)

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks totally agreed. 3/4 months seems more safe than 2 since as you said, some groups just do it in their free time when they feel like it (which isn't a bad thing).
LQ and HQ releases complement each other well, yup.

Group Leader
@Wolvenworks I'm not really the one you should ask ?
No idea. I've seen Slam participating in a group called TL;DR and since she's supposedly the new leader of TS, that probably means TS is as good as dead ? Or rebranded, whatever.

@Shyning slam is a big fan of Miao Shou Xian Dan (also known as MSXD or XiXi)
they have a group and call themself the XiXi cult or something idk ? as slam is connected to them you could say that it is some kind of partnership ? slam said that we probably could recive help from them if needed...

Dex-chan lover
@xElfenlied Xixi Cult = Xixi (MSXD's MC) fanclub. i've been there from day 1. so i guess TS's gonna fracture then. welcome to the Warring States et al wkwkw

Users who are viewing this thread