Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 2

Chapter 1- wow, what a dickhead, fuck this kid
Chapter 2- awwww....poor baby, hes lonely

Still fucked ML, you know that he is capable brainwashing right

Lmao duroa is probably not affected at all by his black magic ,, you got worried for nothing boy

i get this huge misunderstanding is needed for the plot, but he's not very smart to think that it's his magic making her stay? like he tried to cast other magic on her but none of them worked, so what makes him think his first one was so strong lol. ah, it's still funny and i love when the two leads meet as children, so i'm looking forward to the next chapter

@scudder
I think it's because he cannot explain her behaviour. Everyone despites and avoided him all his life, believing that there would be a girl immune to your magic yet liking you must be surreal when all you know is hatred.
What's more, he's a naïve child ✌🏼

He definitely has a tragic past. But I've seen so many awful MLs with tragic pasts, that I just...I'm tired. I've also seen a lot of women MCs who have tragic pasts and are actively working through what happened without bullying everyone around them, and I know it's possible to write characters who've been through pain and are still doing their best (Bring the Love is a great example of this). I'm thoroughly tired of the passive, mean, sadboy love interests who are always forgiven because they're hot and traumatized. Not just in manwha. This trope is everywhere.

Dex-chan lover
Aww he's just misunderstood and lonely baby lol
Thanks for another chap 😊

Dex-chan lover
@scudder
he tried to cast other magic on her but none of them worked, so what makes him think his first one was so strong lol.

What other Magic? Based on this chapter, the "to be friendly with me" is the only spell he ever casts on her. His mind reading has been presented as a passive ability he just has, not a spell he needs to keep casting on her. Even if he's had to keep recasting the "be friendly with me" spell, his monologues indicate he's been under the impression this whole time that it WAS working. He has never even considered that his spells have failed to affect her, just that she was immune to his passive Mind reading ability. The fact that she kept coming back despite him being intentionally rude had him convinced that his spells have been TOO effective.

Now granted, he is still kinda dumb for not putting two and two together earlier and considering "Wait, if she's immune to my Mind Reading what if she's been immune to my 'Friend' spell too....."

But I'd argue that's somewhat understandable in the context of this being the first time he ever dealt with someone his magic/abilities didn't affect.

Users who are viewing this thread