Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 24

Fed-Kun's army
I feel so bad for Nocton. Valrose, her friend, and Aaron. They all annoy me for some reason. I hate this tugging feeling.

I agree with everyone that Valrose is annoying. She blames everything on Nocton. Girl, nobody told you to keep befriending him the way you expect a friend should be when you were just using him to Save your ass. I mean, if you wanted to save your ass, the most safest thing you could've done is to not associate yourself with him and Alice at all since she knew from the start the reason why she died was because of her jealousy (which doesn't make sense to me). And now that you think you made a mistake, and he is not the ML, you cast him aside talk about real friendship. You should look at yourself first. Tbh this story is going around in a circle, and the only thing that interests me is Nocton story as to why he is like so, but everything else is meh.

Damn I get someone like Nocton will be shit scary in real life but idk, if he was a grumpy long time friend, I'd trust him a bit more.

Kinda hate how they all teamed up against him just like that :(

Seems like the comment section forgot the memory potion and what it showed Duroa. His mind control powers are astonishing!

lmao let's totally forget how he has no qualms harming and controlling other ppl but woo he cares ab the girl so it's ok! she should totally ignore her & her friends deadly visions!!

The mystery deepens! Maybe Nocton is having excess dark power, and it manifested a separate consciousness that is obsessed with Duroa coz she never got brainwashed.

Dex-chan lover
I bet if we never saw Nocton's perspective until The Cast believed him then a lot of people would not be having as much problems with this because tension would be in the air.
I feel like it was a poor writing decision to show us Nocton's perspective on killing so early as well his childhood view because it removes the Yandere feeling it had early on.
The pacing would not feel so bad if it felt like there was real tension from their arguing.

I mean, the Alice gets a vision of Nocton killing her and Claymore then later on Nocton says he will not kill.
So either his thoughts had changed or the visions are being manipulated.
The tensions the characters place on Nocton when it should belong to someone else since the audience are aware, there is no tension only a misunderstanding; that is what really kills the mood.

Even a snail pacing is fine when a Possibility of something bad happening is in the air.

Edit->
@cutiekoya
Hard to do that when you had a vision of this bastard killing you out of jealousy.
No normal person would want to be in a room with this guy, just ignoring the vision.... Nocton straight up Hypnotized that very blonde you complain about.

A lot of people be Simpling for Nocton for no reason.
The boy does not explain himself at all and his methods of doing things are greatly looked down upon.

No one but him needs to explain in detail, starting from childhood.
Literally-> He can say "My family keeps trying to kill me so it just looks like I was being an arse/had to be an arse"
Simple, but he cannot do it.
So all you guys simping in the comments and blaming the 3 cast characters, stop and actually look at this normally.
Even when Duroa cave him room to explain Nocton screwed it.

Double-page supporter
It would... Only attach curses and hypnoses?

Could Nocton be cursed/hypnotized right now?

Insane theory:
Nocton got scared of the tendencies arising within him and hypnotized himself to suppress them. He's now semi-broken/not all there because of that.

hmm tbh kinda sad no one is at his side,,, like they all assume he’s gonna kill them, lol they just scream at him and pull out their swords and light magic right away when they see him,, like at least fl has known him all her life but doesn’t trust him cause she can’t differentiate reality from the novel,,, i can see why he would get hurt from hearing that she doesn’t trust him and that she’s scared of him after all the years they’ve known each other,, and of course that dark magic is gonna cling to that and try to corrupt him idk just thoughts,,, idk where this story is leading to

Even more insane theory:
Alice is somehow lying from the start and he didn't use anything
I mean she's been kinda shady for a while

I feel bad for Nocton, she tried to use him and approached him with an agenda to save herself which make her just like everybody else, and she endured his antics for years thinking that he's the ML, but the minute she figured out the truth she ditched him! she only put up with him because she thought he would be useful! his backstory is so tragic and yet she's making his life worst!

And the FL believing dreams rather than the reality! suddenly Alice became an oracle and she believes dreams that most of them never came true! and she wants to protect Aaron who's only using her while he has Alice in his heart and obviously he will ditch her the minute he will come in terms with his feelings!

Thank you for the chapter!

@Khulmach Oh, yes, this so much! What drew me to this story was the tension -- it feels like a psychological thriller, you know? And I love that uneasiness Nocton brings out not just to the main characters but also to the reader. I was kinda disappointed when the writer chose to reveal Nocton's thoughts early on in the story. I mean, I kinda expected that the justification for his actions was along those lines -- what with him being the ML and all -- but I would have wanted for the suspense and tension to be sustained a little longer.

Users who are viewing this thread