EX-ARM - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Death Panic

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Shiga is a monster. Honestly, I'm rooting for the other team at this point. I hope these guys in the police department get taken down.

Bruv, what kind of fascists bullshit. That wasn't even an interrogation, that was torture. He literally complied immediately and gave him the truth, but he assumed it was a lie and temporarily kills him, and when he clearly shows honesty to the same answer again, he still assumes it's a lie. What does he really expect though? Like, what was he expecting him to say? Details on where he came from and such? That's way too wishful thinking. Plus they have a lie detector, what the fuck. Anyways, MC is pretty much fucked. Forced to be made a weapon, will need to struggle to find out what happen to him. Probably related to his brother, probably related to his power he had even when he was human. Kind of weird that it turns out to be time travel too(?). Either that or that classic theory that advanced technology has always existed but was never revealed to the public.

Dex-chan lover
@OsoJr
The really stupid part is that torture like that isn't even effective at getting information or cooperation. If the device was some sort of unknown AI, there's no way you could even trust that the freakout wasn't a ploy to make them lower their guard so they could be stabbed in the back later. Even if it wasn't an AI, and just a more aggressive person, that kind of treatment would make them more likely to be dangerous rather than less.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, that was something like how it was when I was dead. Well, before brain death. With all of the senses off due to oxygen starvation, you're just locked in your head, unable to feel your body. Thinking eats oxygen, so any sort of panic hastens brain death. It wasn't terribly fun, but at least it wasn't physically painful.

Until my heart was re-started.

@icekatze EXACTLY! Way to fucking break the trust in them. If they can't even be saved from punishment by complying, then what the fuck are they suppose to do? If the accused doesn't have the answer, then they might as well kill them, but they're looking for personal information so it makes no fucking sense to be treating him so harshly. They really threaten a one of a kind person with death, okay but what will you do when he is dead? Get back to step 1? These police may be from the future but they're fucking dumber than ever.

Supporter
OO-Parts is an acronym for out-of-place artifacts? that's not how acronyms work, mate...

Supporter
@Robot_Ditto one google later, OOPArts is the acronym (note the lower case 'arts', signifying that they are a part of the previous word and are there for pronunciation)

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder what happened to human rights in that kind of future? He can still sue them for this when everything is done. If he can't sue, he still have a valid reason to not comply.

This guys sound more military rather than police. Even the previous chapter is proof that they're affiliated with the army (example is unknown by their fellow police officers).

lmao. Do you guys never read any cyberpunk story or something? Government and general any authorities are mostly defaulted bad guys or incompetent or corrupted to the core with maybe a few decent members.

Dex-chan lover
youd think there are some proper rules for what counts as human and what doesnt in a world where cyborgs and androids exist
his brain is literally there
his actual being
why would he not have human rights this shit doesnt make sense

I expected more...composure?....flexibility/integrity?...of the mind from someone who took control of a ship, used it to sink others, then took control of an android, turned the tables by little more than wondering whether kung-fu would work...and had to escape with someone who goes KYA KYA over being seen naked (by someone inhabiting a body not exactly dressed up, either, no less). Then again, I also expected to not have to shut my brain off so early into the story. Bummer on both accounts, it seems.

08 is a hand, 00 is a brain...if all pieces combine into a "complete" entity, what would it be, I wonder. Not to mention that it would be disappointing if the premise of "humanity got overzealous with technological advancement and ended up screwing itself over" ends up being as deep as the universe goes.

Double-page supporter
For some reason combat robots have to be sexy girls equipped with boobs and nipples and all

Users who are viewing this thread