EX-ARM - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Genocide Spot

It seems like you are translating chapters a little bit faster than you used to be. Thank you for all your hard work and we really appreciate it!

Group Leader
@Net5aber Thanks! I narrowed down my current titles to just a few so that I can churn these out faster. I'll return to the other titles ... sometime in the future!

Dex-chan lover
thank you for another lit chapter of this series hopefully Alma will get more to do before this arc ends.

Group Leader
man, imagine how epic this fight would be in an anime produced by studios like Trigger or Production I.G
I hope there’ll be a remake of the anime by a more proper studio and staffs

Group Leader
Gonna try to get the next chapter done ASAP. I wanna see where this goes!

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it. Why would the transfer point be always at exactly the same place? Why couldn't it be constantly changing? The whole plan depends on a stationary point.

@Nk9bjP4A

I think that ‘that’ aspect of it's ability won’t be explained (unfortunately). It’s clearly this way so that the protagonists can win (otherwise it’d be impossible). If I had to guess, it’s less tasking to have a single designated spot, rather than constantly assigning it, while aiming at the target.

I must say though, the explanation isn’t 100% accurate. It’s not required for two objects to swap places. Most times, when EX-ARM 13 is used, it only teleports away the targeted area without doing the spacial exchange. The one with Leon, in the flashback, was exclusively done for the sake of him figuring out 13’s ability. The only thing you could say it exchanges, is air which is, of course, possible and must be happening.

I wouldn’t say it’s a bullshit limitation, or that the protagonists will get an easy win. It all makes sense, at least to me.

Dex-chan lover
@Angelopolagej the other problem is the timing of getting the missile into the bubble at the same time the transfer is activated. Also the direction of the missile. There is no guarantee that north at the transfer spot will be the same north at the destination bubble, so the missile could be flying into a different direction.

@Nk9bjP4A

Timing isn’t that big of a deal. I mean, sure they’re still taking a gamble, but the drone has more than one missile. Your second point, however, IS spot on. They can’t know for sure that the missile would come out on the correct side. They’ll nail it, of course, but that’ll be purely because they have to win. A circumstance. That kind of “circumstantial writing” is ever-present in a lot of stories, so I can kinda ignore/forgive it.

Group Leader
@Nk9bjP4A @Angelopolagej I'm figuring it's a heat seeker or something similar. Or maybe it has proximity detection so that it simply blows up when it is close to a target...any target. Also, we don't know how long the spherical bubbles things stay open. It could be a split second or they may stay open much longer. If the latter, the timing becomes less of an issue.

Another problem, does she has "point blank"? I mean if she can react to rifle bullet speed at close distance, how fast her reaction time? Because we already have high-speed camera that can capture up to 1 million fps.

Users who are viewing this thread