EX-ARM - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Chaos Man

Minami's justification is the same as a "human soldier" just following order to massacre people. Is he innocent? Or because she (the android) is just a piece of software so she is innocent? Doesn't minami trying to treat android like a human?

@Talon13184 Fiction can’t really get any emotional reactions out of me (physically, at least), but that double page spread of Elmira and Molau gave me a heavy feeling in my chest. Even on rereads, it’s just so painful and depressing.

“I think it went deeper than that. I think she was genuinely in love with Molau and was following his orders completely by choice.”

I have to disagree with this.

Firstly, this would be impossible. What I mean is that if ‘that’ were the case, it’d fall under “fantasy”(and not “Sci-Fi”), because there’s no way a machine can act against it’s programming. If it’s not programmed to feel or do something, then it’s impossible to act opposite of those programs. This is proven by the actions/attitude of Alma, Elmira, Elmira going on about how that’s what her master designed her for, Elmira’s confirmation that she has to do what her master told her to do, the sexxaroids, Mama’s speech about androids and her comment on Alma’s performance, Alma’s comment on how the sexxaroids are conditioned to respond the way they think the customer wants them to respond.

Back in the first arc, when Alma returns for Minami, she didn’t do so because she “felt”, but because she found a loophole in Minami’s order. Despite this, there’s undeniably something special about Alma. I wouldn’t say the same is the case with Elmira.

Secondly, it’d go against the theme and debate of what humans and androids are. There are similarities between the two, as Akira mentioned (people that follow orders). The best example of this, are soldiers. They have their orders. However, they are free to make their own judgments/decisions. Androids don’t have the freedom, this “luxury” of choosing, but ONLY following their programming.

Besides, you yourself said that that’s how HUMANS act (“This isn't too uncommon in human nature. People often become fixated on their spouse or whomever, to the point of doing things they normally wouldn't do in the name of their love for that person”). The same can’t apply to a machine with strict, severe limitations to it’s comprehension, responses, deduction, physical and emotional feelings, etc.

Dex-chan lover
I like that Alma literally hobbled her way all of the way over there on one leg just to save Alma.

woose, should've finished the problem off. Also, how else were they suppose to beat the switch places mechanism? It had to be done. Now live with it, good work translators thank you

Dex-chan lover
gps satelites have to move all the time ^^ and these are future satelites shouldnt they be a bit better as what we got now ?

but yeah all did know it is a normal human brain since chapter 1 and still act as he is just some random AI
also still no real clue why he couldnt look at anything technical back when he had a body

Users who are viewing this thread