Exterminator

Group Leader
why this series hiatus? The artist still draw/make that doujins.
There is no problem with the artist, the author does not want to renew his contract with Kadokawa. Currently, you can pretty much say that the story is over, because without a new publisher stepping in, there will be no continuation and I see that as rather unlikely.

Group Leader
Translated tweet from the author:

"Regarding the anime adaptation of "Exterminator", it was canceld due to copyright infringement, ignorance of the persecution of ethnic minorities, and the fact that the production side did not read the original work in the first place.

I sincerely apologize to those who have been looking forward to it.
Also, we will not be renewing the contract with KADOKAWA, which was scheduled for next year."

Dex-chan lover
Translated tweet from the author:

"Regarding the anime adaptation of "Exterminator", it was canceld due to copyright infringement, ignorance of the persecution of ethnic minorities, and the fact that the production side did not read the original work in the first place.

I sincerely apologize to those who have been looking forward to it.
Also, we will not be renewing the contract with KADOKAWA, which was scheduled for next year."
Wait, 'copyright infringement' is like illegally copying a work from someone else to make into your own, right? So the anime was going to be a ripoff of another series that didn't belong to the original author of this story? Or is it the manga? Where does the infringement start?

'Ignorance of persecution of ethnic minorities', I see 'slaves' as a tag in novelupdates, but if that's the main reason, I don't understand how other stories with the same tag aren't in hot water, as well. Racism is very prevalent in a lot of stories, albeit between fictional/fantastical races like elves vs dwarves instead of real world stuff. This seems confusing.

Group Leader
Wait, 'copyright infringement' is like illegally copying a work from someone else to make into your own, right? So the anime was going to be a ripoff of another series that didn't belong to the original author of this story? Or is it the manga? Where does the infringement start?

'Ignorance of persecution of ethnic minorities', I see 'slaves' as a tag in novelupdates, but if that's the main reason, I don't understand how other stories with the same tag aren't in hot water, as well. Racism is very prevalent in a lot of stories, albeit between fictional/fantastical races like elves vs dwarves instead of real world stuff. This seems confusing.
The tweet was translated via MTL, wouldn't take every word literally. I think there were fundamental problems between Kadokawa and the author as I read it. For some reason, it seems like the author of Exterminator is pissed off of Kadokawa. As for the anime, that's another matter, I don't understand exactly what he means by that either.

Dex-chan lover
Crap ! For once we had an uncommon and pretty intersting story here, it gets axed :cry:. And meanwhile, so many other generic / nondescript isekai heroic fantasy mangas without real interest are still ongoing... This is outrageous. It's unfair ! :mad:

I'm so sad this story got axed. I was so interested in the story. I'm glad the artist is getting a lot of praise from their doujins.

Users who are viewing this thread