Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest - Vol. 5 Ch. 43 - Misunderstanding

Dex-chan lover
. . .for some reason Touka being a Exceed made this 1000 times better and more hilarious I don't know why?

Dex-chan lover
Laxus is op and I love it
I really dont want Erza beating him, at least not on her own

Dex-chan lover
A Dragon-Slayer type sword? Where the fuck was that weapon at during the Grand Magic Games arc? Could've been useful against the invading dragons.

Goddammit, Mashima. I love you, but your constant ass-pulls are getting ridiculous.

so touka is an exceed? well that explains the tail from an earlier chapter. but still in hindsight that fact the she mistaken happy for natsu makes a lot more sense since the first chapter she said she saw natsu on a fire dragon.

Dex-chan lover
Touka is the Leo to Happy's Lucy. And of Happy is the Lucy to Carla's Natsu.

Double-page supporter
Pretty sure the Dragon slayer sword is actually just Erza's regular ass sword that Wendy enchanted in the final arc against Erza's mother. She didn't have it during the Dragon invasion, then.

It's so-so on the asspull scale, since some enchantments seem to last forever (like the personalities enchanted into the weapons that Mira defeated) while others act more like regular buffs that wear off eventually.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakurei: Well we have seen only a few Enchanting type Mages in the series yet, and the effect have been shown to vary based on experience and base power.
That's why most of Wendy's Enchantment have a temporary effects as her base power and experience is low, while on the other hand Erza's mother had been alive for over 400+ years and had lived through countless wars, so her experience and power was greater as well (hence her enchanted lasted longer).

The way I see/saw it was it's something Erza learned to do after finding out her mom was the original dragon slayer(iirc), kinda like an inherited ability.

Glade to see that Laxus is still a beast. He is meant to be the strongest in the guild right behind Gildarts.

Double-page supporter
@Morose perhaps so. Erza's mom stated that Wendy's magical power far exceeded what she thought, implying that Wendy is actually really strong, so I could imagine her enchantments lasting for a long time at this point.

Of course the more likely explanation is that it's just an asspull. The dragon slayer sword shouldn't be particularly more effective on Laxus anyway. He is not a dragon - just another dragon slayer. So this "trump card" makes no sense in the first place.

Double-page supporter
"Who's Carla?" Damn, Happy. You cold.

@Bachenaugen

How is it an asspull? Just because it's not something she had earlier? People advance, pick up new items and skills as they go along, you know. We don't have to go to the store or training field with them to watch them shop and make a purchase for it to be legitimate. Hey, I didn't see Lucy buy that one dinner she had that one time - can she just materialize food now? What an asspull!

Dex-chan lover
um Erza had that sword since the rematch with kyria on skullions ship am I the only one that pays attention here she even used it against merc not to mention it was blatantly stated Wendy had been giving everyone's magic dragon slayer attribute boosts because of the 100 years quest but the one for erzas sword is permanent

Hem

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I'd say the biggest ass-pull and dumbest part of this chapter is someone swinging a pole weapon and immediately receiving a counter punch to the abdomen.

Why are you even that close to him? Why would you step in and choke up on the weapon to the point where it's feasible that he can reach you in a single step? Is Erza is supposed to be so weak that she can't react to Laxus having to close the distance between them? Then her new form is useless too.

At least the dumb dragon breath thing made sense, it's a ranged attack.

Users who are viewing this thread