Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest - Vol. 7 Ch. 59 - Gears of Fate

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks to be fair I thought the water dragon god arc was pretty nicely done. Even this arc was okay-ish until last few chapters where things go back to classic FT asspulls shit.

@Xystus this arc has been dragged on too long now I think in the next 2 weeks we will finally deal with Seed Aldo and then Aldoron Main body

The sequel should've been changed to 2 chapters every 2 weeks to make up for the pacing

It's been 32 chapters now in this arc

it started in Chapter 27

The whole Water God Dragon arc if we count from Chapter 1 it was 24 chapters

or 21 Chapters
If we count from Chapter 3 because that's the chapter when Team Natsu arrived to the city near end of the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@LuffyxNami00

It was fun! It was like submitting prehistoric memes, theories and fanfics that my young and naive mind had to offer! Also there were tons of discussions! I guess that's one of the factors why FT's last arcs give me a bitter taste since most members dropped and the discussions turned to a war zone and hate group.

Well the good points I remember was mavis and zeref's backstory and the whole grand magic games, even if it had some POF. And August, his was the only scene that made me feel and saved me to read the rest of the alvarez arc.

But hey, you gave a lot of good points there. No POF has won yet. That's something I have to consider. Thanks!

Group Leader
what was his relations with Ultear again..? I can't remember

Dex-chan lover
@Xystus continuing on what LuffyxNami00 said, It's a metaphor for how holding onto guilt holds back your thoughts and makes you unable to concentrate on anything else.

The magic of gears is the literal embodiment of that.
Jellal even told him "your magic relies on my guilt" meaning these gears prey on your own insecurities.

Mashima always writes emotional stuff like this embodied with magic. This isn't a mechanical battle shounen where fights follow a set of mechanics. It's always an emotional fight.
Almost every villain in fairy tail has been emotionally scarred in one way or another.

Zeref, the biggest villain, was the least emotionally stable character in the entire show.
Touka, the new biggest villain, has a split personality. It's a consistent theme if you noticed it from the beginning. I was a fan of fairy tail for years but I only noticed it recently when I revisited the show.

Dex-chan lover
@yasashikakashi If it only relies on emotion than it's just cheap writing at best. It's pointless to introduce any form of attack or villain because it doesn't matter what happens if emotion wins. It's not even protagonist win villain lose at this point anymore if you're using emotion as the main factor in a fight. Technique and skills should always be considered in a shounen fighting manga. Just look at Natsu fights. Even though they are mostly nakama powerup and asspulls they are still skills. Laxus giving him Lightning+Fire Dragon slayer technique, him getting Dragon Force, etc. Those are techniques, and they are factors in fights, not just emotion.

By having Jellal cast away those techniques for no apparent reason other than "Ultear makes an appearance!" is just terrible writing. Like come the fuck on, Ultear isn't even dead, why is she appearing in everyone ffs. This is a god damn technique that wipes away your thoughts and messes with your mind and it is cheapen to the state of "lol no I project those on this hologram". That's just bad writing.

I'd take him precasting Grand Chariot and assblasting villain to oblivion over this cheap shenanigan that make a villain worthless.

@Xystus Natsu's Fire of Emotion has been introduced since the begining when he fought against Erigor

But I suppose many people forgot Natsu's ability that's why a lot of hatred appeard in Natsu vs Zeref they forgot Natsu's ability he has ever since the begining of the main series

But I'm not gonna defend Alvarez arc because even I expected a FH Zeref vs Acnologia But Nope Mashima rushed the final fights because of ( That ) Space Manga Edens Zero.

That's why FT went the way it did.

I support FT and Rave but a huge No on EZ. I respect others who like EZ. but for me I don't defend the manga which destroyed Fairy Tail , Until 100 Years Quest gets it's deserved ending & final fight. Then I will return to read EZ I dropped it in Ch 98 or 96

Yeah, it seems like the best Fairy Tail can do is fan service and this chapter is no different. One asspull after another.

Dropping out.

@operator42 Well Fairy Tail is an Ecchi manga, it always has been since the main series Chapter 1.
Not sure why people see this as a problem now

This site did put a Yellow icon titled Ecchi on FT 100 YQ front site

But the fanservice has died out so far a bit there was little to none in these currently chapters like , Jellal's fight or like the fight with Doom , Erza vs Laxus had None not counting Erza requipment change moments

None of these chapters are Alvarez tier of bad , with little to no asspulls , There hasn't been any Asspulls as things has been explained here unlike Alvarez, You guys are just nitpicking because there is no Nakama power to complain about like in the main series. :p

And what mainstream shounen manga isn't doing fanservice nowdays?

I respect your opinion. See ya!

Where did I say that fan service per se was a problem? To me, it isn't. My point that fairy tail at least had some interesting plot hooks in the previous version.

But now, the fan service has been reduced, at least is what it seems, and the plot, that was relatively interesting at best turned into *this*, where even the fairy tail's fodder is one-shotting enemies at very least more powerful than the Spriggan 12.

Dude, just become it has some explanation, it don't means it is a good explanation. Now, there were some I can bring from the top of my head: Wendy power up, Natsu thought projection and now this. To me, all of those events are huge asspulls, but you are free to disagree.

Iam happy that you respect my opinion. I also respect the ones that like this and, because of that, I am dropping this rather than reading and coming to the comments to nag about it.

Users who are viewing this thread