Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 22.2

If anyone is in a hurry, this part is perfectly around volume 2 of the LN. My personal experience? Just wait for the manga, there is nothing in the LN that’s not in the manga, you’ll miss nothing, and the manga, you might be surprised, has pictures.
Eh the Manga doesn't really explain the character's thought process as well as the LN. But yeah Pictures good. I say read both if you want everything. Read Manga if you don't. You do you.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda strange how nonchalant he is about dying and his other self basically sucking the soul from her other self.

Dex-chan lover
the implication that seclusion based enlightenment is just spending long enough at death's door that you split your soul and get 2 lives of experience and perspective is funny to me, and probably cannon to their world

Thanks for the chapter!
Maybe, You could try posting the next 2 together and see how people react and go from there?
It's also important how you guys (tl'ers) feel about it.

Dex-chan lover
Probably in spoiler territory so spoilers for people confused:

Elrise's story and how it plays out on earth is actually finished and completed. Due to the world crossing, Elrise is technically traveling to the future so in order to preserve the timeline, the powers that be (the actual world itself), applies a filter to Niito and by extension Elrise to prevent her from finding out about her future. However, anytime Niito is able to explain his situation to someone new, the filter also gets applied to this new person who will lose memories and knowledge about Elrise's future until Elrise herself experiences it.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone is in a hurry, this part is perfectly around volume 2 of the LN. My personal experience? Just wait for the manga, there is nothing in the LN that’s not in the manga, you’ll miss nothing, and the manga, you might be surprised, has pictures.
I disagree. The LN does add quite a bit. Firstly, the story here goes pretty fast -- feels like I'm watching it on fast forward vs the LN. Secondly, there's a subtext to the LN that just isn't going to translate to the manga. In the LN, there's a feeling like, "Is the story really as lightweight as it seems on the surface?"

Dex-chan lover
"What you didn't experience in that world doesn't change in the real world either"

I kinda hate this kind of sentence. What exactly does he want to say?
I removed the spoiler tag, because you're quoting the chapter that this thread is about.

That translation is too abbreviated/unclear. What he means is that Niito/Elrise CAN watch the videos and read about the other routes (e.g. Eterna) and see how they turn out; but Niito/Elrise can't watch videos or read about Elrise's route (which is the route that Elrise is living through (much to her consternation). I.e. Niito/Elrise isn't experiencing Eterna's route, and so Eterna's route in the game is unchanged.

EXCEPT (and this is confusing): Everything in the game has changed from what it was originally. In short:
  • At the start, Niito has played through the entire game and all of its routes, and Elrise is the fat villain in all of them.
  • Then Niito reincarnates as Elrise and changes things.
  • Then N/E returns to her original world/self and sees the game, and everything has changed...
  • Elrise is no longer the fat villain in ANY of the routes. Instead she is "not a saint, but with great power, and ready to hand over the role of Saint to Eterna".
  • However, (and what was not clear until now), while this Niito is able to view the other routes in the current game, he (and the visiting Elrise) can't view Elrise's route.
So... the causality of what is happening is rather confusing. The author will have a character theorize what's happening -- I think that's a little in the future of the manga. (IMO, the explanation is a bit strained. I would give a different one.)

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
There will always be someone who complains about releases so do whatever makes you feel good :)

Dex-chan lover
I say combine. The full chapters are tiny, so fractioning them makes for quite a clunky read, since you have to properly add your credits to each one

I think keeping the chapters the same as the release is what makes the most sense.

Users who are viewing this thread