Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Nah, this is more of a cosmic threat level story about gods and the way they twist the world to their liking, the gods look like something from another planet, truly alien looking abominations whose thought process is alien to mankind
So... like as if inspired by Junji Ito?

Dex-chan lover
Damn how do I even describe all of the insanity that happens later?

I'll try to make a TLDR version

Basically FMC becomes akin to a Goddess and she decides to kill the Gods and all of heaven to save the world from their wicked manipulations of the fate of mankind, she even kills the actual creator God, the gods are like lovecraftian abominations, she then goes and visits other timelinea and saves them too as a legit Goddess in epic Dbz style fights
Wait wtf is this? This is way too different from WN. Did LN do a major story overhaul or something?
There's no god, only "the will of the world", and it's a very clumsy entity-sort-of that created the Saint system to cope with a problem an ancient civilization caused, and Saint system + that problem = accidental Witch system.
What the MC did is just erase the problem from the root so no more Saint and Witch are created anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Wait wtf is this? This is way too different from WN. Did LN do a major story overhaul or something?
There's no god, only "the will of the world", and it's a very clumsy entity-sort-of that created the Saint system to cope with a problem an ancient civilization caused, and Saint system + that problem = accidental Witch system.
What the MC did is just erase the problem from the root so no more Saint and Witch are created anymore.
Yes thus why I said its the TLDR version, didn't wanna overwhelm people too much with complex details.

Group Leader
I'm not sure what the other guy is on about. There's almost no difference in chapter naming between versions as far as I could see. From the free trial samples of the LN version I've not seen any major differences too. I'd have liked to get the novel version somehow to check, but I am doubting the veracity of their claims.
Also, on a Chinese site with the LN translation, people on their forum mentioned that there's no big differences between editions.
Who knows, really. ¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
I have this feeling I may be confusing this with ANOTHER fake saintess novel of whose name I cannot remember.

The one where the protag takes in a Pheonix Armor, that's not this one is it?

Is this the one where:

The FMC dies near the end for some chaps, then revives as a time travelling Goddess of Light?

Last edited:
Group Leader
I have this feeling I may be confusing this with ANOTHER fake saintess novel of whose name I cannot remember.

Is this the one where:

The FMC dies near the end for some chaps, then revives as a time travelling Goddess of Light?
No, it isn't.
The MC here dies at the end and then revives, yes. But that's it. Here, in the end after a battle with an evil entity representing malice of humanity MC gets all remaining lifespan of a prophet turtle and goes to live in seclusion where the turtle lived before, together with her former bodyguard knight leaving the role of saint to the first saint whom was found on an island nation in suspended animation for hundreds of years.

Dex-chan lover

Is this the one where:

Yes you were confusing with another novel.
There's no important armor in this one.
Or more like
Dark element shits on every other kind of protection.

I'm not sure what the other guy is on about. There's almost no difference in chapter naming between versions as far as I could see. From the free trial samples of the LN version I've not seen any major differences too. I'd have liked to get the novel version somehow to check, but I am doubting the veracity of their claims.
Also, on a Chinese site with the LN translation, people on their forum mentioned that there's no big differences between editions.
Who knows, really. ¯\(ツ)
Good to know. Since the story is already perfect and needs zero change.

So how long til the usual isekai slave market appears?
None.

Dex-chan lover
No, it isn't.
The MC here dies at the end and then revives, yes. But that's it. Here, in the end after a battle with an evil entity representing malice of humanity MC gets all remaining lifespan of a prophet turtle and goes to live in seclusion where the turtle lived before, together with her former bodyguard knight leaving the role of saint to the first saint whom was found on an island nation in suspended animation for hundreds of years.
Dont forget that the MC do some travelling between dimensions after that. Taking a short break in the “real” world and most importantly, she goes to the original game timeline where the world is doomed just to save everyone again.

• Love
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover

Is this the one where:

name of the one you confused this one with, please?

Dex-chan lover
name of the one you confused this one with, please?
I don't remember the name of that one either, sorry.

I go through way too many manga and novels back to back and lose track of which ones are which.

So... many... isekais...

• meguuusad
Reactions: le3
Contributor
Yikes, this is likely heading towards Eterna becoming branded either the Witch or a fake Saintess. That could put them in conflict and having to fight each other will be the greatest irony for the MC; This is the one weakness that can destroy her(him) here.

If Eterna dies (as a result of MC's actions), I can easily see her going on a crazed rampage to destroy the world.
It's all fun and games until (s)he fails to save Eterna, and despite being OP I feel like there's a fair chance (s)he'll fail to do so.

Due to limit of adaption, the pace was kinda rush... But to see my favorite characters in image, it was good.
This one is my favorite isekai novel. What impressed me the most was not the characters or plot (both was still amazing), but the world building. Everything from the invincible body of Saint and Witch, to the bratty behaviour of original Elrise, had a reason. The ending was fulfilling too. I hope with a manga adaption now the novel would get more popular.

Man i cant wait for the manga to reach my favorite 3 plot point! Strap up folks this is a short but definitely fulfilling series!

Users who are viewing this thread