Far East Chimera - Ch. 37 - Connected Lives

Dex-chan lover
Maaaaaan, wish this had gone on for longer, explored the backstory further, maybe not kill Kuu so fast and get some more lore, worldbuilding out of it, idk, SOMETHING. I want more, more of these characters, of this world, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
oh well. Don't be sad bc it's over, be glad bc it happened. Thank you for all the translations.

Dex-chan lover
yeah the chapter 36 was very much a conclusion kind of deal, and I'd rather they end it here, than go on and start making up like whole new SECRET chimera people who were actually secretely doing things in the background all ALONG. that kind of stuff kills a series. So sad to see it go but very glad to have seen it at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's the end of the volume and I assume they were told to end it here so probably didn't have time for a cleaner ending. Realistically though, it had at most one more volume. I think the plan was for Yuri and Shikura go look for Kuu's mother and fulfilling his final wish of ending her misery and Nitro probably showing up for one last revenge attempt. Those two things were really the only loose ends still left

Dex-chan lover
Sad. This definitely could've run longer if they paced it better.

Dex-chan lover
Ah so the ears where not just a power up, she is straight out a kemonomimi girl now.

Sad it had to end so soon, would have liked to seen more of her new life as a rabbit girl.

Aggregator gang
It's the end of the volume and I assume they were told to end it here so probably didn't have time for a cleaner ending. Realistically though, it had at most one more volume. I think the plan was for Yuri and Shikura go look for Kuu's mother and fulfilling his final wish of ending her misery and Nitro probably showing up for one last revenge attempt. Those two things were really the only loose ends still left
They already knew where the mother was. That was the whole reason Kuu showed up in the first place was cause they found her. The giant chimera under where they were fighting. Plenty of other loose ends though. Like the fact that Kuu was created by a human organization. Is what it is though I guess. No idea why they always get so axe happy with these.

Dex-chan lover
The art was fantastic (reminder to people to check the author's twitter/x, more great stuff there), really digged the story and all the interactions of the characters, even those that were a bit too brief.

Really hoping the author's next work is a hit, and that he doesn't take the axe (if it's the case) here personally because this series, even with the time given is fantastic and can stand tall on the state it is. It'd be interesting if he was able to achieve a similar success as Satoru Noda and later revisit this series, the same way the latter is doing with Dogsred.

It's interesting to see this last interaction of Tsubasa with Yuri, you can really feel Lumie alive inside her there. If there was another volume to explore this dynamic, I wonder how it'd be. Also, Yuri looks adorable with those ears.

Again thank you very much Terribly Incompetent Scans for the scanlation, this was a great experience, and I'll be a happy owner of that 4th volume when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread