Fate/strange Fake - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.1 - Canon of the Demigods (Part 4)

Dex-chan lover
It's times like when they mention Rin that you remember that this canonically occurs after F/SN

@Braverave maybe there wasn't one in this universe. Rin could perfectly know about summoning servants as the head of Tohsaka's house without having participated at all.

Also, Gil has changed quite a bit between Wars, like between Zero, FSN, Hollow/Ataraxia.

@Braverave

I'm pretty sure that Servants (besides special cases like Artoria in the 4th and 5th Holy Grail War and Counter-Guardians) get their memories of a Holy Grail War wiped before being sent to another one. Or maybe not, I did hear that might be a Gilgamesh only thing since he can see into other timelines with one of his treasures, but I don't know if that's the case.

But you're right, the 5th Holy Grail War didn't happen since the Grail was stolen during the 3rd, like in Apocrypha. However, I'm pretty sure there were a bunch of "mini" Holy Grail Wars that took place around the world which is why Waver was still involved in one and became Lord El-Melloi II (I think this was also the case in Apocypha), so the 5th could've still taken place. Then again, that could be an Apocrypha only thing, but if it was, it wouldn't explain Waver.

Did I explain that well? Keep in mind, I definitely could be wrong on some things.

@GodBoy2 Gilgamesh doesn't see the future with a treasure he has an Eye that can see the Future it's Called "Sha Naqba Imuru" it is the most op thing he has aside from Enuma elish, and the motherfucker only uses it to find out about other servant's Identities, cause he cant be bothered

@Riad59

Thank you! I had forgotten what it was called!

If I remember right, it can "see" pretty much anything including Servants' true names and their Noble Phantasms (like you said), but I'm pretty sure it allows him to see the future and every alternate timeline across the multiverse (but he doesn't do that because... he's Gilgamesh and being arrogant is his number one personality trait in anything that isn't strange Fake or Extra CCC).

Unless you and I are agreeing, then thanks for reminding me what Sha Naqba Imuru was called! (And yeah, definitely his most overpowered thing besides Ea, he seriously should use it more, but then Gil would win pretty much every fight he's in so it might be boring).

Dex-chan lover
@Braverave
Gil is chill here because:
a.) He's not incarnated and thus feels no need to actually intervene regarding the state of the world since he's not a part of it and thus is content to be an observer of the modern era despite him hating it
b.) Best clay Enkidu is here so he actually has motivation to try and put his best effort out as he may never get an opportunity like this ever again
c.) He actually likes his master here and wants to observe her grow into her own person and thus is almost like a mentor to her

What? no, the 5th grail war did happen in this timeline, we just dont know what route (it doesnt really matters anyway).
The only timeline that gets the grail stolen is the apocrypha one.
The system used here is a copy they got from Faldeus ancestor that was a master in the 3rd grail war (and is incomplete thats why they need the false servants) but the grail mud they use to mindfuck herakles is from the 4th grail war.
Also they make a reference to gilles when francesca is explaining to servant Prelati that he was summoned as a caster and not as a saber.

Btw something funny about Gil summoning is that he used Sha Naqba Imuru to see what happened when he was summoned before and after he sees that he dies he just went full denial and just stopped watching.

@Kraigen

Whoops, you are correct! I thought it was what you said at first, but then I got too much mixed up with Apocrypha.

I also forgot some of those details, so that's my fault.

Ah, so that's why Gil doesn't use it as much as he should (I heard it was something about Gil being so arrogant that he refuses to believe there are timelines where he loses).

Double-page supporter
The Fuyuki Grail Wars all continued normally in this timeline - the existence of Waver/El Melloi and the mentioning of Rin when talking about summoning in this very chapter makes that entirely obvious. The only thing that made this Grail War diverge is that the formula was observed and imperfectly copied during the Third Fuyuki Grail War. However, they're basically relying on a mockery of an imitation of an already-warped system (since the Fuyuki system
was made for a different purpose entirely
), which is probably why this war has so many caveats and moving parts.

Gil could easily have been summoned under the Fuyuki system and this system - they're completely different copies of the Gil from the Throne. It's entirely possible (and plausible) for the same heroic spirit to be summoned into two different Grail Wars in the same timeline, and that hero probably won't have any memories of the other one (the only exception is discussed in a main series
Fate/Stay Night, where Saber's circumstances mean that she isn't a copy from the Throne in that War
).

Fed-Kun's army
This was a nice chapter. We got some Waver and Flat getting serious gives me good vibes.

Until now, I didn't think of the fact people WILL die in this war. I think we all know the mercenary kid makes it, and as much as I wish for Tine and Gil to win, they may have to say goodbye to each other at one point (Tine's issue would be solved If the war ends, apparently. And she doesn't need anything else other than her land). CancerousKid will probably live, too, as much as the idea depresses me. Unless they pull an Illya 2.0 but I doubt It.

Whoo more Rider and Jack!
Not trying to be mean, but much prefer the new servants getting the limelight more than Gil whose in everything. Ya kinda get burn out seeing the same faces all the time (like Saber).

Users who are viewing this thread