Fate/type Redline

I'm not sure why, but someone using a Light Novel as a catalyst is hilarious to me.

"I found Iskandar's cloak, what'd you use?"
"I have Excalibur's Sheath, what about you?"
"I was jerking off to some Okita Hentai - apparently that's all it takes!"
Brilliant.

Dex-chan lover
Is this going to pull a futurama with him been his grandfather.

>generic male MC that is a failure of a magus who accidentally summons a saber

Gee, where have we seen this before? I was excited at the prospect of having a female MC but i guess anything fate related has to have a male MC for the otaku to self insert in.

Not-Rin shows up in chapter 1, how long before Not-Sakura shows up?

so done with this fate stay crap. i haven't tune into any of the shows eversince zero. first by canon it's only european heroes that were servants...then there's a japanese swordsman in the first season. that broke the rule. now you got people from shinsengumi and other eras of feudal japan? if the writers are going to play this game they should throw in other heroes from different countries as well..and seriously...where the fuck is genghis khan? holy shit....the guy and his kids literally took over the most land out of all the legendary figures from the past. just the feats that the generals in the golden horde have done is enough to make a whole series about.

@kanaloa So your only Fate experience was Fate Zero? And yet your complaining about whats canon and whats not? LOL

Also you do know that not every servant that appears in Zero is European right?

Gilgamesh and Hassan is both from Western Asia.

Edit: also when did Zero state it had to be European servants? You must've been delusional.

Fed-Kun's army
GudaGuda3 with NAZIS. And a different MC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxTYfie5kxY

boNoCof.jpg

@Vinh Leave 'em. He never knew Typemoon in it's entirety.

Dex-chan lover
@kanaloa Specifically, the Holy Grail Ritual created by the Einzbern, Makiria, and Tohsaka families does normally have restrictions to the Heroic Spirits that can be summoned, making it so most of them are from areas in and near Europe (with some exceptions like the middle-east, Egypt, and Babylonian areas like Uruk), but those restrictions only existed in the ritual's original form. Originally, Anti-Heroes (like Medea or Giles de Rais) couldn't be summoned, but someone altered the ritual to allow them. People began to tweak with the ritual more, and intentionally changed the summoning ritual to allow Assassins who were not leaders of the cult from which we get the name "assassin" to be summoned, or forcing Heroic Spirits to be summoned as Berserkers. The only real "rule" of the Einzbern Grail is that "Servants get summoned," and the rest gets broken by people trying to "mod" the ritual.
Actually, someone "modding" the ritual to try to summon "Angra Mainyu," all the world's evil from Zoroastronism, is why you have the Black Mud of the Grail in Fate/Zero that gives Kiritsugu those images of killing Irisviel and Illya.

To go a bit further, this Holy Grail is the Einzbern Grail, but it is not from the same timeline as Fate/Zero or Fate/Stay Night. It does not have the same "No Asian Servants" rule that existed in the other timelines.

Sorry if this comment was a bit long. I'm a big Fate fan and love the opportunity to talk about it.

@Arcedia When I was still following fate I read it somewhere and that's how I arrived at that conclusion that like you said for some of the wars there was that rule where it's mostly european heroes that's summon. So from them on I thought that was the canon. Kojiro was just some fluke but we all know that it's just the writer's way of throwing in someone from their culture to be relevant. This tweak, we all know it, it's the writers way of making their culture relevant. While the rest of the world was fighting other big countries throughout the ages..japan was jacking off by itself until until the time when the Mongols got their shipwrecked at sea. I had no problem with how most of the heroic spirits are based off of european mythology or legends or japanese. I just think that when I see the present for this franchise it looks quite bias. I'm subbed to some mobile game channel on youtube and with the content creator reviewed Grand Order. I saw a list of heroes which is a little bit more diverse compared to when I still followed the shows but the amount of japanese and european heroes far outweights the others. Think of china...that country is huge..it has deep history but I can only remember some flat chested loli with a chinese name oand Lu Bu. Egypt...where the hell is Anubis or Ra?? While for the japanese there's a shitload ranging from some no-name ninja that was glorified it's just not a good representation and it does the heroes or legendary figures across the world no justice. I think the direction that fate is going in is like dynasty warriors and samurai warriors. In the beginning it's the characters that played a huge role in the wars during that time but as more spin-offs are created they just keep on throwing anything out as long as the figures fit in with that time line..so at this point..I won't be surprised if they romanticized and glorified some random samurai who guarded the gate of some random fort lmao. How about...Egypt or Cambodia? They had empires. You get what I'm trying to say? There are countless heroes..but there are way too many Japanese ones.

Look at the wiki https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Fate/type_Redline there's 2 european-idk what maxwell's demon is so i'm assuming it's some white dood's demon? lol and one chinese but there's 5 japanese heroic spirit. "Akagi Kanata, who gets transported 75 years to the past to participate in a Holy Grail War in the midst of World War 2" This is WW2 mann...no representation of an american, french, or british hero. BUT THERES 5 JAPANESE. Throw in some native american warrior or some french swordsman man-that was punny lol Hell..even George Washington would be badass..

@kanaloa This Grail War specifically was originally a parody manga (Fate/Koha-Ace) that made jokes off of a lot of the tropes in other Fate series. The use of extra Japanese characters in that series was intentional since the setting was supposed to be based on a specific twist where Japanese servants were capable of being summoned. Plus it happens in Japan, and doesn't really focus on the greater aspects of WWII, it was just for setting purposes. The servants present have almost never been part of the current historical events outside of the region where origin fame grants Servants from that place a boost.

And if we're talking about the more general Fate series, yes there is bias since it's made by a Japanese company and Japanese writers for a primarily Japanese audience. Don't know what you expected.

But there's still a ton of servants from basically every inhabited continent except Australia and nearly every culture that has characters famous enough to have permeated general media.

To specifically address China, we currently have seen depictions in Fate of 17 different servants from Chinese history and mythology, so it sounds more like you just are ignorant rather than bringing up legit concerns.

For Egypt, the reason we don't have Anubis or Ra directly is because Divine Spirits can't fit into Servant containers unless they're very weak or possessing a human as a vessel. We do still have 3 of the Pharoahs, though, and Ozymandias is considered a manifestation of Ra.

Cambodia doesn't have representation, but it's far less famous in terms of general media than most of the other mythologies and histories that have been drawn from, and there's nothing preventing Cambodian heroes from appearing, should the setting and catalysts make sense and a fitting character for the story be found.

I guess you could be trolling since you aren't even trying to do your own research, but I'm going to assume you simply don't know much about the setting so try to look things up before posting.

@jdisntreal No shit it's an intentional setting. Thats the point I'm trying to make. Just like how Kojirou had no damn reason to be fighting against saber if the the writer didn't want to advertise a japanese fencer going up against an english fencer.

Nope, you're wrong. That's a generalization. Just because a story or novel is written by Japanese people it doesn't mean that they'll advertisement their culture just for their audience. You're literally swimming in an ocean of countless manga and anime that are based off of other pseudo cultures around the world. To deny this is being pretentious. Good writers don't make it obvious when they want to introduce someone using a katana or a kenjutsu user. Fate on the other hand..it's too damn obvious..

You got me there with the chinese hero headcount and I'm pretty sure I said I stopped following the fate franchise since zero. So forgive me for not being a drone like you who are caught up with the latest news. Also while we're at it..lets compare that 17 to japan's 50+ heroic spirits compared to the other heroes across the globe. It's this crap that I'm talking about. From one damn country theres more than 50. I'm pretty damn sure the holy grail happen elsewhere around the world and not just friggin japan, let's be consistent here.

About Egypt and Cambodia I brought those two nations up because they had an empire and have fended off other nations unlike japan that was jacking off by itself until 500 years ago. If you consider the crap these nations went through it's quite reasonable that they should get a good number of heroic spirits. These two are just examples.

I understand that you're a fan of fate but don't be speaking for the writers and go saying that exotic heroes will pop up when the scenario calls for it. Thats you talking out of your ass. What you see is what we're getting. That's why I've arrived at this conclusion that fate is heavily favoring japanese figures without a real cause other the writer's own bias.

This is the thing with people like you. Just because we have a difference in opinion you automatically think I'm trolling. In my original comment I mentioned that I didn't follow fate after the zero one. So do you seriously think I care enough to do research about this overly bias franchise? The reason why I'm shitting on fate is because I don't give a damn. The only research I did was to see how much Japanese heroes existed in the fate universe compared to the others. It only proved my point. China...that country is atleast 5,000 years old..its been defeated by other nations but then came back stronger and expanded it's territory over and over. I just think that this franchise doesn't do the heroes and figures of countries with a truly profound history any justice.

Users who are viewing this thread