Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 11

Double-page supporter
Just reread chapter 1, and I have to wonder, why would the emperor demand that he imprison his daughter, when he knows that whatever hold he has over his daughter is what keeps him loyal? I can maybe understand the prince bluffing when he said he was going to torture her, as a way to get the guards out of the way and save her, but the whole set up makes no sense. If the emperor goes ahead and tries her as a traitor and executes her, he guarantees that the duke will rebel. If he keeps her indefinitely in prison, with no punishment but no definition on the trial, he gains the enmity of everyone and guarantees a rebellion. Then, he could send her to prison and then find her innocent and release her, maybe as a way to remind the duke that he can punish her whenever, but then there would be no need for the prince to save her. We know the emperor doesn't care about his children, so he wouldn't react impulsively just because one was poisoned. I'm more inclined to believe he poisoned the princess and framed the MC to instigate some kind of reaction from the duke. But whatever the scenario is, someone is acting nonsensically. Which is why the end result is the dead MC, even though that was what no one wanted.

And again, if the duke intended to save her, why give her a sword at all? He can't be so dumb to not understand the implications of that, and there's no way for her to effectively use a sword on anyone other than herself since she never trained with one. And as a trained swordsman himself, he should know exactly how useless giving her a sword for protection would be.

Still, I wish we could see the continuation of the story on the original timeline, just so we can see the fallout of everyone acting so idiotically.

Dex-chan lover
@Kynnath - I think your theory that Emperor Palpatine was behind the poisoning as a way to corner the Duke is correct, but I think beyond that, he had backing from his own faction (represented by Mikhail) who would be willing to convict both the daughter and the father (since obviously a stupid girl can't so something so horrific unless her cunning father who wants to overthrow the Emperor put her up to it).

I would also like to see the original timeline play forward, since it's happened - Regis's daughter is dead either way, and another soul is animating her body. He just hasn't noticed.

Dex-chan lover
Lol if her dad saw this πŸ˜‚ his last good sleep ever

It would be funny if she woke up and kicked him off like wtf I meant the floor or sofa?

You sneaky hot boy, she didn’t tell u to sleep beside her in bed. Look at you now smh...

MDC

Dex-chan lover
@Kynnath I think the sword was supposed to be some sort of deterrent, like if they wanted to interrogate her or harm her in some way she'd use the sword by threatening to take her own life. In fact, if you look back at the first chapter when the knight (her father's pupil obviously) came in he looked shocked that she was taking her life as if that was not part of the plan.

I'm so grateful for this mass update!!! Can't imagine how hectic it was, please don't push yourselves too hard!

So far I'm really loving how they're adapting the novel, the pacing is good and the chara designs are strong.

Ok guys, I know Dad kinda crossed out ML's from the Eligible Bachelor List; but do take note the story summary did say that Dad himself chose/announces to Juve that Crown Prince is her future hubby πŸ‘€...

I can't wait for the screeching that'll likely happen in the morning - if not from her then from the maid that'll come to wake her up?

Also, broooooo, take yer shoes and cape off at least? Don't dirty the sheets plx

Users who are viewing this thread