Father, I Don't Want This Marriage! - Vol. 1 Ch. 7

Wha-? What's the problem with this dude?

Ah, and thank you for your hard work!

Double-page supporter
Dude needs some self-awareness. It appears ignoring him was exactly the way to get his attention, since he can't think of anything else. Although her father intervening and disposing of his letters is also very dumb. He should either tell him to desist and that his letters won't reach her, or let her decide wether to answer or not. Also, they must have been in an official relationship, so has the father confirmed that their engagement is over? If she just tells him they're done, and this is not acknowledged by annuling their engagement, it's natural that he would think she's just playing games.

What is wrong with the main men in this story?
A neglectful father who claims he loves and adores his daughter.
A crazed crown prince who only believes in killing not protecting.
A idiotic marques who thinks he's better than Juvelian and becomes obsessed over the fact she doesn't answer his letters (letters that threaten her nonetheless).

Dex-chan lover
@Kynnath -
If she just tells him they're done, and this is not acknowledged by annuling their engagement, it's natural that he would think she's just playing games.

That was my line of thinking - I have to assume it's not been announced, or it's something that would have been talked about.

@Kynnath they're just "lovers", not engaged. That's why when she said she wanted to break up with him and he accepted it, that should be the end of the matter.

Double-page supporter
@Thifa Wow, that makes his behavior even worse. If he didn't like her or her clingyness, he could have broken up with her at any time. Instead he acted like he hated the relationship but didn't end it? Was he in it for the political benefits, despite being the male lead in a romance novel (which should make him a noble character, not greedy)?

Also, I just checked, but in Chapter 2 she says that Mikhail was her father's underling. It's been a fairly long time since they broke up, so have his father and Mikhail not spoken in that time? Even though Mikhail apparently works for him? I mean, I suppose I wouldn't want to bring up with my boss that his daughter dumped me, but they seemed to be close. If we are to understand that the father liked Mikhail because he thought he made his daughter happy, and his daughter told him she was no longer happy with him, I would expect the father to become noticeably colder to Mikhail. That should prompt one or the other to speak up. I would expect the father to at least tell him to stop threatening his daughter if he doesn't want to die.

@Kynnath Mikhail is technically the Duke's underling because he is a knight of the country, and the Duke is head of the knights, of the royal guards. But at the end of the day, Mikhail is still the Marquess' successor (or the Marquess already I forgot), so he did have other duties and priorities that is higher than his position as a knight (or apprentice knight? forget again). So no they have not met each other at all since the day Juvelian and Mikhail broke up. Also I don't think it's that long since they broke up? If I remember correctly it's only been like more or less 1 week. Basically Mikhail is having a big possessive withdrawal symptoms.

Dex-chan lover
me when I read the blond scene.
200.gif

Rose arlo

novel: a toxic villainess sidekick who bring down Juvelian to her downfall
IRL: just a big fan girl

Dex-chan lover
Ex bf that is also a yandere, at leash he isn't a stalker

Users who are viewing this thread