Favorite Part

I like how the author is very honest in providing enough detail into her thought process that we can clearly see where she lacks insight into her own thought process. I think it made all the times when she didn't seem all the more painful to read.

Group Leader
At first, progress is slow. The mc seems perverse, gullible, kind of...uncouth. You grow a steadily increasing revulsion for her as the story develops. But. At some point, the story starts to pull you in. The characters that seemed simple become complex, and the inner battles of the mc become almost...heroic. I was very surprised by this comic. I'm glad I picked it up.

Congrats on the author for creating the most unlikable MC I've seen in years. Not to mention that I have absolutely no idea where the story is going, which is only making it worse. Eventually, I couldn't keep it up and ended up dropping it halfway through.

Now the thing is, I know that all MCs aren't always supposed to be "good". There are tons of stories with anti-heroes, and they usually fall into two categories : the ones where the author is purposefully trying to get you to hate the MC, and the ones where the author is trying to get you to sympathize with the MC.

My problem with this webtoon is that you can sometimes clearly feel that it somewhat belongs to the second category... But the female lead is such a terrible human being that you just can't feel any sympathy towards her. It's gotten to the point that with every chapter I kinda hoped something bad would happen to her.

Anyways, I have no idea what was the point of this story, where the plot is supposed to go, but it's the most unpleasant thing I've read in years.

Dex-chan lover
It's an unlikable story to say the least, but it's a struggle. It's a dynamic story that's surrealistic
It's questionable

I don't understand why people dislike this story so much? it's a somewhat uncomfortable story, but it's supposed to be. It's something a bit different and I think the author's sense of originality should be celebrated not condemned.

Am looking forward to the next chapter!

Fed-Kun's army
Really hope she ends up with Chulho. Please.
Also I have to say, if you're this affected by a good looking face, that's not normal. Like sis seriously needs a therapist. Nervousness is one thing, but it's like she has a condition or disorder or some shit

As a person who hates idol-obsessed culture, I love that this story comments on the mindset of the types of girls who obsess with beautiful men (I'm especially looking at you, K-pop superfans).

The MC's obsession is aggravating, but the story carries a theme of "outer beauty =/= inner beauty" and it feels like it's only a matter of time before the MC finally learns her lesson.

I'm pretty sure there's so many 1 star votes because the large audience of straight men here hate shallow women, especially if the woman is unattractive, despite the fact these men will turn right around and gobble up stories about shallow, plain-faced men as long as there's enough tits and ass (attached to same-faced young girls with 1 personality trait) to keep them satisfied (because they themselves are shallow). I also doubt the (largely white) female audience that have unhealthy obsessions with Asian idols will feel great about being called out like they are in this story.

Despite the relatively low rating, I would recommend.

yessssss,
please someone unarguably be a decent human being in this manga ;-;
(i like this manga, but idk who to trust)

Honestly, this is one of my favorite webtoons but it’s not for everyone. This is a not one of those stories where the heroine can do no wrong, only has endearing character “flaws”, becomes/was always beautiful and makes hot guys fall in love with her. This won’t satisfy your craving to live vicariously through a character that loses weight and suddenly becomes stunning and happy. (To clarify, I’m not criticizing these types of stories because they are fun to read. I’m just saying this one is not one of those). The characters are very clearly imperfect and often you might even feel uncomfortable with them. An earlier comment even stated that the fl was the most unlikable mc they have ever seen. The low rating is probably from others feeling this way. But this story is beautifully told because it makes you feel all sorts of emotions, because it’s so honest and complex and messy and because the fl is introduced in a way that’s so “unlikable”. Major respect to the author for being able to achieve this.

A great read if you’re looking for something more mature? (Idk if that is the right word) but a terrible one if you don’t enjoy stories that touch on uncomfortable subjects (which is okay, not everyone does).

So anyways, hmu if you read you this bc I would love to talk chat about it!

@reiS225 I really think your comment is a perfect endorsement of this comic, and explains the bimodal nature of the ratings well (many 10's and many 1's).

I love this story and appreciate the recent factors they've added. Not everyone is mean but there's enough of it that it affects your mental health.
The way she's treated for being fat and how obsessively attracted she is towards handsome guys. Then the internal dissonance for having that attraction but not being at the "same level" yet still feeling the want for it. Even though she's willing to go for hot guys before she still had no self-esteem so she let herself get walked on.

Hanbyul pushed her to have self-esteem so she's trying to change her mentality but it's not easy. Dating itself is a fucking chore even when you're good-looking people might put you on a pedestal.

The cringe I felt when she jumped in front of the dirty water about to hit the dude just hurt me inside. Your partner should at least care for themselves too.

When Hanbyul showed up as a hot dude in front of her I was kinda happy in a petty way. But even if he was hot in the beginning and they dated; she had no self-esteem and it would've ended badly.

She needed to grow like she has so far ❤ When they showed how hard she was trying I was happy. But her self-esteem is still wonky and she doesn't understand herself very well. So her standards for people's behavior is getting tested right now.

I hope that she can come back from it and doesn't end up in another spiral.

She's so hard working and smart! Not only does she work all the time but she got into a prestigious university. But all of that seems to be overshadowed by her weight.

Thank you for translating this manhwa!!! It's so amazing. Not really pretty all the time but that's the point of the story 💗

@reiS225 You pretty much nailed it: That's pretty much why I love the series itself, although I understand it's not for everyone, either.

However, I wish people would come in terms that not every series should have a "perfect" main character (or cast) with a perfect character development, and in case of this series, I think Woojoo and Hanbyul are pretty human - mistakes are made, we attempt to fix them up, we screw up, and we learn from them - it's a bumpy ride, not exactly perfect, either- and they are complex, as well. I feel like we could be rooting for them to improve themselves just like we could root for our friends (or ourselves) to become better, and that's the whole influx of emotions you feel when reading this series.

It can be your thing... or it can be not.

(I would be glad if you want to chit chat more about this series :) )

pshhh, fine you earn back a few points for crying because I can tell that at this point, you probably actually do like her.
on the other hand, woo joo, I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'S LUCK OR WHAT THAT YOU KEEP RUNNING INTO STRAIGHT-UP TRASHY SITUATIONS

@KristaDLee
Who cares if some people gave this a 1-star rating. Making blanket assumptions of people who didn't like this is incredibly immature. Just let people dislike something without you having to immediately judge them for it.

Users who are viewing this thread