Fechippuru - Bokura no Innocent Love - Vol. 5 Ch. 61 - Chapter 61

Dex-chan lover
What the f... Nope. No-no-no. Nope. Gonna wait.
If you wanna snipe the series that already have translation, at least do it good.
I saw this crap once - on April's fool (dont remember what team and what manga it was), and even then it wasn't funny, I say. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Group Leader
Wait, I take back what I said. I've just checked the raws. The translation sucks.
Page 3:
Kotoka: あっ…あれは…ってか盗み聞きとかサイテー
Tatsu: はぁ!? あれのどこが盗み聞きだよ!?

How in the world did the above get translated into
Kotoka: You never tell me that... And that's the worst!
Tatsu: Why?! Why do you consider that the worst?!

That's not even the same thing at all!

@solpadate I'm a translator myself, and part of multiple scanlation groups, so I know what I am saying here.

Dex-chan lover
@solpadate

Free doesn't mean it can't be criticized. Especially if it's badly done and might discourage real translation group from working on the series.

Group Leader
I don't normally speak out about this, since at the end of the day it's scanlation, and everybody's doing this for free, for what I hope is out of their love for the series. But god damn this is just unreadable, and I'm not even speaking about the editing, the translation is just filled with mistakes that make nothing make sense, it's not possible to read this and understand anything that was said unless you're just skimming through the pages, which is a shame if I'm going to be honest...

But well, I can understand to a certain level, everybody has to start somewhere, @JohnbarHinge, I'd be happy to give you some tips, at least editing wise since I'm not a translator, just hop by our Discord, or message me on MD and I'll give you some help, and some more commonly used fonts that'll help you get started. https://discord.gg/axBcZ7n

And for anybody waiting for our version of 61, we'll try to get it out later today, thanks for understanding 🙂

Why the snipe? so many mangas that are yet untranslated yet you decide to snipe this...

i bet the mom's going to come outta nowhere and bring the dad back home lol

Dex-chan lover
@harou

Thanks for working on a proper version of the chapter, pretty sure half of this and next chapter they released was machine translated lol.

I've been learning japanese for only about 7-8 months, plus I'm not even a native english speaker and even I was shocked to see translation this bad . 100% sure this is machine translated.

As Maiorem pointed out in his comment
あっ…あれは…ってか盗み聞きとかサイテー
is translated to
You never tell me that... And that's the worst!
which is not even close to the meaning of the dialogue.

@JohnbarHinge sniper WeirdChamp

Users who are viewing this thread