Female Knight and the Kemonomimi Child - Vol. 3 Ch. 26 - Beastkin Swordsmanship

Dex-chan lover
Seems like the little girl is gonna remain a part of this, sadly I will have to drop this now, which sucks because I really enjoyed it. I know this is a super unpopular opinion because the girl is cute or whatever, but I came here for the boy and master, she’s just intruding and honestly annoys me.

Dex-chan lover
...and now I'm dead of sugar overdose

Liked this one better than most of the ones in recent memory. Tails are such a hugely important part of animal locomotion and it's a shame we don't see that addressed in fiction more often.

Dex-chan lover
...and now I'm dead of sugar overdose

Liked this one better than most of the ones in recent memory. Tails are such a hugely important part of animal locomotion and it's a shame we don't see that addressed in fiction more often.
This is true. I just figured Noah was from some curl tailed breed of dog. but it makes sense now. He was never raised in the Beast Folk way.

Dex-chan lover
This is an interesting chapter. So Noah can't improve because he's been using human-style swordmanship which is unsuitable for him. But this raises some questions:
Why Olivia didn't think about it?

Maybe Olivia's master already know beastman-style is unsuitable for human so she only teach human-style to Olivia?

Or maybe Olivia know beastman-style but never teach it to Noah in order for him to blend with humans?
It's been mentioned that beastmen and humans aren't the best of pals in this world, so the idea of using your tail during fighting likely simply never occurred to Olivia since there wouldn't but much exchange of information between the races. It would make sense for Olivia's master to not teach her any beastmen-specific moves, in much the same way Olivia's training plan for Noah takes into account him not being a tall, muscular human.

It was cute how Noah also had a kung fu outfit during his kung fu training. It was likely just one of Mao's spares, so extra cute.

Dex-chan lover
This is an interesting chapter. So Noah can't improve because he's been using human-style swordmanship which is unsuitable for him. But this raises some questions:
Why Olivia didn't think about it?

Maybe Olivia's master already know beastman-style is unsuitable for human so she only teach human-style to Olivia?

Or maybe Olivia know beastman-style but never teach it to Noah in order for him to blend with humans?
I think it's implied that she just didn't realise the relevance of beastman tails to biomechanics in combat, and Noah (being so enamoured with Olivia) was intent on learning her specific technique rather than adapt it. Also, not having a tail, it would be impossible for Olivia to learn or teach beastman-style combat manoeuvres.

Users who are viewing this thread