FFF-Class Trashero

Aggregator gang
Chastised for being a piece of shit, so lets be even a bigger piece of shit on the re-run, surely nothing will go wrong.

I don't get this line of thinking, and how this manga is supposed to be great. There's no great hurdle to overcome, no hellish trial to forge the character. At single digits he is somehow able to threaten those 50 times his levels, and then he gets +100 levels right after thanks to a hilariously badly explained system and its not even 20 chapters in. The story implies that he has always been a piece of crap since the beginning, but the flashbacks infer otherwise, and there has been no indication of any event that warped his morality: he's just bad because hes bad.
And then my general gripe with these kinds of stories: how the fuck did the MC remember 10 years worth of information, down to the minuscule details, and yet cant seem to plan ahead 10 minutes. It seems as if the character just "remembers" random events that created and tacked on without any planning just to move the plot...

Aggregator gang
I'm only partway though but I've gotten far enough to get an idea of what this is. I've just skimmed a few of the early comments and what I've seen there tells me people didn't really get it (except maybe the ones that read novels or something). See, the MC being punished isn't even the real point. It's fine if he suffers for his evil choices but he'll suffer if he's good too. This whole 'classroom' experience is entirely dedicated to humbling the wannabe heroes and it invariably does this via suffering.

No, the real point is that the 'educators' here lack the imagination to deal with someone who can still accomplish his goals without following the railroad tracks they've prepared. For the sake of reaching an ending, I can only assume this 'playthrough' will fully resolve whether they give up, manage to teach their lesson a new way, or if he finds a third option that suppresses or bypasses them entirely.

To be sure, this dude is an asshole. But (assuming his memory isn't entirely fictional) it looks like he at least has legitimate complaints for his treatment. It's one thing to reward a hero for altruistic and selfless behaviors and it's another to take advantage of someone, sometimes abusing them in the process, just because someone ELSE decided their role was to be altruistic and selfless. Certainly a lot of the victims of MC's asshole behavior could not claim to be anything remotely good or noble themselves.

In short, I appreciate when people get exactly the result their behaviors deserve. The NPCs of this world might very well have gotten a noble hero if they only treated him the way a noble hero ought to be treated. Instead they used him as a punching bag and this is the result.

Users who are viewing this thread