Fight Class 3 - Ch. 88 - Round 88: Painkiller

I am just starting to read this last night and then it turns out the mc to be this psychopath. God dam. Im afraid to read it becuz mc just suffer a lot, but at the same time I want to see how the table turn and what makes mc back to his previous personality.

Dex-chan lover
@mrnone With everything he's seen and done ever since Maria basically turned into his dad after he lost that street fight, even with years of therapy, he's never fully going back to his previous personality. And that's not even taking into account everything he'll have to do from fighting in Fight Club 3, his dad, and possibly even his sister. Naive, mostly innocent Ji-Tae is dead and it'd be a great disservice to the story and the character if he somehow reverted back to that.

EvtjLViXIAEV6Tr

Fed-Kun's army
@Rhythmatic
Yeah i know but that wasn't very long ago. i just think something like this works better if there are subtle environmental hints right from the start. otherwise it's like, how did you live in this city and not know about the tunnel or at least that all the shifty fighty people gather at the side of town?? ji-tae is putting up posters looking for his sister and he never once noticed the gangs? the author CAN do foreshadowing well, he's done it before with other plot points which is why i feel like he thought of it later and started introducing it late, or just didnt figure out a way to put it in until later??? something like that

i feel like the author really wrote themselves into a corner with this arc. Jitae had so much potential to be an awesome character but now he just seems like a brainless psychopath. He is apparently taller and way more buff than he was a few months prior to this arc so he is gonna (if ever) go back to school lookin like this. Hows he gonna explain it all? Is he just gonna be thrusted into fight class 3 without much development in his school ranking? Are we just gonna abandon the school aspect of this series? What about his friends/classmates? Author really went off the rails with this arc, heres to hoping they can pull it back.

I haven't been a big fan of the psycho-MC, but I think this chapter is hinting that there might be more going on than what we're seeing. A lot of what he did was very calculated. He starts off the fight by trying to intimidate his opponent and then favors wild and unpredictable tactics to keep a, probably, better and, definitely, juiced opponent off balance and unable to apply their full strength against him. If he had tackled it in a more calm and rational manner, then his opponent would have had the footing to reasonably respond and that would have been the end of our hero.

Now we see him going for "dirty" moves, but he only started that after finding out that standard trauma wouldn't be enough to put his opponent down until it reached lethal levels. Once he had that realization it was like a switched flipped and he went strait in to psychological attacks and maiming attacks. Again, this keeps his opponent off balance and does damage they can't ignore. A more measured response would probably result in him getting his face creamed.

Through all of that, he looks psychotic,but he never does more damage than he intends and he keeps stopping his attacks to offer his opponent a way out or to give the ref a chance to end the fight. That shows he has way more control over himself than he's letting on and that he's not really in this to cause pain and kill people. Now my question is when will his facade crack.

hey boys i got a cool life hack for you all, instead of writing essays complaining every chapter, how about you wait until this arc is over and then give out your opinion instead of saying the same shit every chapter? Some of your takes are so bad and random that it actually hurts my brain.

@Grorp I don't remember the last time his little sister came up. I understand what you're saying though.

@zZONED I've read the pages of comments and don't see any essays complaining in about this chapter. I think you're misconstruing the long posts as complaints instead of people just having a very involved discussion about what's happening.

@Lucifer I assumed the reason for his self harm was not feeling any closer to his goals, despite all of the pain he's had to endure. Feeling worthless etc.

@Supercapp I don't think school has much to do with this series anymore. He would destroy Ha-min and So-Wol. He'll probably get put into fight class 3 by doing just that

honestly and truly one of the greatest pieces of literature ive ever read, the story makes sense.. but i keep seeing people complaining that it's "too edgy" or that the old mc was better. the thing is tho this is one of the only manhwas that tackles seriously the effects of mental illness and deep-rooted trauma, this arc is only half done and already we see what an entire lifetime of abuse and closetedness combined with the extreme physical pain and stress that is fighting does to someone. almost every other manga shows an idealist story of a high schooler staying the goody twoshoes protagonist who uses the power of friendship, but this story flips that trope on its head, with jiu tae pushing himself further and further from his friends and being mentored by a two faced demon (maria) which is leading him down a dark path. i will always love this manhwa and i rly dont get people who cant appreciate its storytelling

Users who are viewing this thread