Fight Class 3 - Vol. 6 Ch. 42 - Round 42: Grim

The feels in this chapter man... That sequence with Ha-min's ego getting demolished was sad and hard to read through.

Tae-young a real one for standing up for her best friend. Although I'm not sure if is a good idea. So-wol is a freaking tank.

@OraOraApril19 I think he lasted a bit more than that. He probably surpassed Tae-young's mark during the test (1min 14 secs) but we don't know if that's a new record for a 1st year vs Maria since it's still unknown who ranked first and how much did that person lasted.

Yea screw those guys....I would be pissed too if I heard people laughing at a guy who fought his damned hardest against the best like that and lost fighting strong...
Was Hoping Tae Young woulda destroyed them...👿

i was rootin for him to get at least one good hit...at least one. He went out like a champ (; __ ;) 7

Fed-Kun's army
Jesus Christ. Why isn't there a gore tag. We just witnessed a capital murder. GG Ha-min.

Also I appreciate this display of skill gap of Maria and Ha-min though. Just shows what the Mc has to overcome. First he has to get better at mma as a whole. He's the weakest in his class, and he has to overcome ha-min, which seems VERY unlikely at the moment. Then Maria, who may not even be the strongest in her class. Then his own father, who is the top dog.

It just gets me excited cuz that just means we have a whole lot more story to go through and it's already looking great rn.

Fed-Kun's army
Shi-hamin tried his best man. Props to him. Maria is just too much of a monster.

Double-page supporter
Phenomenal art, but I'm disappointed that his actually pretty decent strategy from last chapter just completely failed. Not even a curb stomp cushion, just more fucking Maria. Also why the hell did he go for a takedown and why didn't she let him, she could have just submitted him.

Still though, the bit where she's tearing apart his self-image is really good. I just don't think the fight was technically impressive enough to back up the level the art was at in this chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
The spectator punks while still being punk-ass motherf*ckers weren't wrong.

That was a straight-up execution, poor guy got his everything broken, and the fact that he still got back up, in the end, and is still fighting is just mad respect mate.

Is it just me or does that guy and honestly most of these characters have no idea how to fight at all? I mean he got his head smashed like 9 times in an extremely short time span. Just one punch is enough to potentially knock you out if you get a clean hit in, this guy had no defense whatsoever and received like 9 full strength punches without dodging any of them and they weren't light jabs either.
That said, I really like the art style and the fights aren't necessarily bad either, but it's just trying to combine fiction and realism in an odd way without the use of mystical martial arts or magic to bridge the gap.

@Gabagu Well, is not like he was just letting himself get hit. That just shows the gap between Maria and Ha-min. Last chapter it was said that she's already a pro level fighter so she's basically a cheatcode. And is not like she beats her opponents based on physical strength, in fact it was stated that she's pretty average on that departament, but skill.

She's beating up people that's physically stronger because she's far more skilled. Is basically a pro fighting amateurs. And she's not even going all out. We haven't seen her use any grappling or submission moves yet, other than her breaking that dude's arm. Why? Because she doesn't need to.

Also, MMA fights are not supposed to look pretty or flashy. They usually look more like a slugfest. Having said all of that, some of the other fights not involving Maria have showcased a bit more on the martial arts side.

Fed-Kun's army
I think they said last chapter? She's essentially pro level.
Also: Oh Shit Tae Young and Cha So Wol. Tae Young is crazy strong, i look forward to seeing development for these two. Still don't know either of their histories

Also I found the raws, further evidence there's no way Ha Min can beat Maria as he is, there's a reason the reporter asked her if she's ever killed anyone and a reason why she's so ruthless

Users who are viewing this thread