Fight Class 3 - Vol. 9 Ch. 64 - Round 64: Three Characteristics

How would you not realize it's a prosthetic when you're touching it and pulling on it? Jeez.

She's doing a leglock, not a leg examination. And even if she noticed there was something weird about her leg, why would she stop putting pressure on the knee when she's trying to finish her opponent. That would be totally off character. A regular person might think that way, but fighters have a different mindset inside the octagon. You don't stop attacking unless the referee tells you to, which means until the fight is over. @oddpenguin17

Group Leader
@gptemp8916 Looking at the panels though, it does look like Maria notices something when she starts doing the Knee Bar. But if we go by her personality and mindest, she probably didn't care lol. Also, as you said, stopping the fight is the referee's job, not the fighter's.

I do understand why some people could get confused by this though. Maybe it could have been avoided by adding a thought bubble of her noticing something's off with So-wol's leg. Still not a big deal in the grand scheme of things IMO.

Dex-chan lover
@gptemp8916
I have done Brazillian Jiujitsu for three years and Taekwondo for twenty years, and I'm pretty sure that I'd notice right away and move onto another strategy. And I'm only mediocre at BJJ. I'm pretty sure that this godly fighter would notice and adapt to it instead of just continuing the leg lock. (Not to mention that you'd probably notice that something is wrong/different even before getting to the leg lock because of how the other fighter was moving.)
I just think the author did it to make an impact without thinking about if it was realistic or not. But then again, most martial arts manga aren't realistic.

My theory on why SoWol helped JiuTae out is because she's very literal. Maria said "I could use a dog" and since SoWol lost, in her mind she's Maria's dog. One of the things dogs do is protect people and since JiuTae is taken in under Maria's wing, this protection extends to him too. I think her aggression towards TaeYoung is another form of this since TaeYoung is also someone who "beat up" JiuTae (albeit in a legit match).

TL;DR: SoWol is a literal guard dog.

Fed-Kun's army
@Varler Yeah it was just a twist, but is a pretty corny and lazy twist in this particular manga. Like I just expect more from it, since having a prosthetic is not a fighting technique/characteristic. Its a liability. She gets leg checked once on that leg and its over.

In addition to your point about her knowing its a prosthetic, hard plastic and human skin feels remarkably different. It really feels lazy and I can't imagine the author patting himself on the back for this.

Dex-chan lover
So she was really truly 1000% a girl. A girl with short spiky hair and handsome face, but a girl nonetheless.

Bro this manga went downhill. Ik it’s just a manga but these guys are training to be pros and yet the coaches are making people fight different weight classes like someone who’s 12kg heavier which is crazy and dangerous and also I have no clue why they are putting men and women in the same matches that is a no go in any combat sport. Second the story’s pacing just feels slow as hell like I didn’t enjoy the subplot with the news lady it just felt pointless and also how did the MCs attitude change so much within two chapters? The guy was regretting getting into a street fight and it goes in depth in how he doesn’t feel good about it then he thinks oh they’re bad guys it’s ok and changes his mind instantly?Then there are lazy plot twists like his girl has no right leg? She wouldn’t even be allowed to step into the cage. At this point story feels sloppy and slow

Banned
wtf you can't be a fighter witha missing leg. A missing arm maybe but how the hell are you going to do footwork with no damn ankle???

Users who are viewing this thread