Filter-Goshi no Kanojo - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Together On Sunday

Dex-chan lover
sorry-im-hottocrazy-mendona.gif
I dunno, man, that graph is looking awfully familiar.

fuckaroundfindout-fuckaround.gif

Thanks for the chapter!

I don't know, everyone calls him stoney, so it feels more like continuing to insult him. Similar to that other story where the girl's like "Otaku-kun" the entire time. Like calling the kid bullied for having one amputated leg Cripple-kun the entire time.
I disagree, it feels more like people calling Midoriya in My Hero "Deku", cuz it was originally an insult but depending on who uses it its endearing.

Dex-chan lover
I disagree, it feels more like people calling Midoriya in My Hero "Deku", cuz it was originally an insult but depending on who uses it its endearing.
He reappropriated it himself, 'Stoney' did no such thing so far. It can become nonnegative for him, but so far his (lack of a) name is not a topic yet other than being used by others (than these two girls) to dehumanise him.
A nickname is an honorific that one gives oneself precisely because others use it as a swear or mockery.
A reappropriated nickname is called 'geuzennaam' in Dutch, I always find it odd English doesn't have a specific word for this concept beyond reappropriation.

Fed-Kun's army
On page 4 it says his age is 15, but his sister is also 15 in ch 7 and that would kinda make them twins I guess? Also in chapter 3 it is stated he is 17. So confusing.

Dang so far theyr interactions are unique enought compared to other rom coms in my opinion, this is fun. Really like stoneys expressions, just because of that I consider him more important cus at least his face is constantly expressing even thou hes supposed to be expressionless.

F*ck I love this, f*ck! I love it how shes interested in him early on, I love this weird ass relationship they have, I love how questionable theyr hobbys are, dang it Im filling my head with yet another rom com.

so, is he 17yo or 15yo? also sometime before he said he's the same age as his little sister? busy parents huh 🤣

Dex-chan lover
He reappropriated it himself, 'Stoney' did no such thing so far. It can become nonnegative for him, but so far his (lack of a) name is not a topic yet other than being used by others (than these two girls) to dehumanise him.

A reappropriated nickname is called 'geuzennaam' in Dutch, I always find it odd English doesn't have a specific word for this concept beyond reappropriation.
He doesn't seem to have an issue with it, so why should you? No reason to defend someone who doesnt need to be defended. If he actually had an issue with it I'd agree. Like if every time she said it he made a face or there was an ellipsis or a panel of him reacting, sure. But it's just a nickname, that's it. She likes using it, he doesn't mind it. That's where it begins and ends.

Users who are viewing this thread