Fire Force - Vol. 27 Ch. 233 - Guardian Angel

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, we need her back after this is done. It's going to be a bitter sweet ending if she doesn't come back to them.

Also, there's a lot christian reference here.

Dex-chan lover
So he's the personification of hope from the people after the cataclysm, he was born from the idea that they needed a savior? then perhaps we have a Judas too ... And if Shinra was born like that, what about the rest of the pillars? how they came to be and why do they have those specific powers?

Fed-Kun's army
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double-page supporter
So... The Whiteclads are literally waging a psyop against Shinra so his ruined reputation will stop him from becoming lightspeed Jesus. Got it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, we know what happened to Jesus at the end what they did to him... Hero and all, they betray and killed him, JEanne D Arc ended up pretty much the same.

I wouldn't be surprised if a character like Jeanne shows up, maybe the first pillar

Fed-Kun's army
I get the feeling Sho just raised some death flags for himself by giving himself the job of being Shinra's guardian angel.

Well this just got real old school allegorical all of a sudden.

And in the same chapter where Company 8's 'secret' base literally has a giant 8 on the front of the building...

I love this Mangaka, especially the way they characterise their main players. Reading back through Soul Eater at the moment just because I needed some more Crona in my day. Poisonous little cinnamon bun that they are.

If Shinra is personification of jesus, Vulcan would be of Noah with his desire to bring back the animals, is there anyone else which is part of this description too?🤔

No one bringing up that one person's hero can be another's devil? Amuro Ray and his Gundam were heroes of the Federation, but Zeon called him the White Devil. One side's heroes are the villains of the other. We don't know who exactly Shinra is supposed to be the Saviour of. If he was born from the wishes for salvation, could that be from the wishes of those that came before? That would make him this era's devil. If they're the wishes of those that exist now, then he would be the devil for those that came before, or those that will come after.

I'm probably thinking too hard for a shounen.

Dex-chan lover
Fire force setting actually fits closer with Zoroastrianism when you look at it:

>They have temples dedicated to fire
>Fire is used as a purifying agent
>They have an end-times war prophecy that ends in purging fire that cleanses human race
>Their saviour is also born of a virgin

@Psyramics He is the personification of the old world (pre-cataclysm) idea of Jesus, but there is no reason as to why he should be this era Devil, given that Jesus is suppoused to save all of humanity, and not a particular portion of it (in this case, pre-cataclysm humanity), so he could only be the "Devil" of the Whiteclads and anyone else that shares the same believes.

This era's world was born from the old era's world being influenced by the ideas and wishes from people from said era, but at the end of the day all of them are still humans, so Shinra-Jesus still is suppoused to be the people saviour.

Dex-chan lover
@Gigatitan88
Not really "Jesus" in a strict sense.
I think he represent a more broad concept of "saviour" or "messiah".
He is much a Jesus as much as an Allah or a Buddha.

Users who are viewing this thread