Fire Force - Vol. 29 Ch. 253 - The Devouring Shadow

Dex-chan lover
It's better than Deadly's sin final arc :D or bleach ... hahaha

What if Shinra kicks the earth back in time ?

Fed-Kun's army
Funny to remember that it happens because Vulcan couldn't even kill an insect because he talked too much.

Group Leader
"Lieutenant Huo Yan!! Where should we evacuate the citizens?!"

"We need to get them somewhere safe...!"

No shit lol

So it finally begins. You lot have been whining for ages for development, for progress, for 'something to happen'.

Well, you got it. The whole world's gone up in flames.

.... literally.

@SoJammy Man, you guys work fast every time, and I love you all for it.

No homo

@megaeraerin It disappoints me nobody thought of that, or bothered to remember all the Pillars.

@Forcy People die when they're killed.

Fed-Kun's army
So Iris is Despair. Who would have guessed, on the surface she is so cheerful and pleasant. But I suppose that when her faith was destroyed, she had nothing else left.

Double-page supporter
Can we have an ending where the whole earth became the second sun and everyone died including the white-clads with not a single survivor? Where every struggle the 8th has made is all for naught? Just to be different

Damn shinra. this is time to be a hero. Turn that rage into hope.
For some reason this chapter was awsome though.

Dex-chan lover
Always surprised at people who forget most of the story and then complain nothing makes sense. I mean the story isn't that hard to understand. I only read it once and remember most of it.

Iris is Despair, which is quite fitting, because the opposite of despair is Hope.

And then you remember that Iris is the physical manifestation of what the citizens of Tokyo perceive Amaterasu as. She's the ultimate embodiment of Hope.

@Ruhrpottpatriot the lady from the Chinese Tabernacle is not the same one who is shown here. The girl in China arrived from Adolla and decided to help the animals by teaching them speech and then becoming amaterasu, meanwhile the Amaterasu girl where Shinra lives has been on earth all along and lived thru the first cataclysm.

I think she might have been the first one to be infected with a bug, proving compatible to be used as a source for that machine against her will, but that's just what I guessed when I was first reading that flashback.

I still don't get why is Sister Sumire shown as the seventh pillar when she's the oldest of them all, shouldn't she be the first or second one? Even though she was the seventh discovered by the Fire Force, it's not like she had her Adolla Burst awaken after Nataku, by what I remember.

@Genacool243 maybe because it's due to the emotion they're presenting? Or it's just of the order their powers were shown/presented, if it's going by age, they all should be shifted, Shinra is older than Sho after all too.

Users who are viewing this thread