Fire Punch - Vol. 4 Ch. 39

Supporter
it's going a bit too far for me... It's starting to feel a bit repetitive with these crazy movie characters, and also twisting things everytime (ice witch exists, does not exists, exists, does not exists...)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this doesn't make any sense. Never mind the characters' motivations and plans, the setting itself was just destroyed in one single chapter. Earth cools despite Global warming. Fine, maybe they reversed it and the glacial period came. But then why not warm it again? We're experts at that. Then, what, they all went to space instead of just making greenhouses? We're not exactly strangers to living in the cold. Rockets to space are way more expensive, and get beat out by a little insulation, and some hydroponics. Hell, we've already learned how to grow some food without sunlight in the first place, and it's more efficient than even regular farming! But fine, they go to space. Why do they go to a whole new planet?! A space station would be cheaper, and closer, and probably avoid all the problems of an extraterrestrial climate. Also, everyone could use superpowers? Up to and including immortality, with no need for food? Why the hell did the Earth cooling have any effect on the people this post-MHA world?

Yeah, this doesn't make any sense. Never mind the characters' motivations and plans, the setting itself was just destroyed in one single chapter. Earth cools despite Global warming. Fine, maybe they reversed it and the glacial period came. But then why not warm it again? We're experts at that. Then, what, they all went to space instead of just making greenhouses? We're not exactly strangers to living in the cold. Rockets to space are way more expensive, and get beat out by a little insulation, and some hydroponics. Hell, we've already learned how to grow some food without sunlight in the first place, and it's more efficient than even regular farming! But fine, they go to space. Why do they go to a whole new planet?! A space station would be cheaper, and closer, and probably avoid all the problems of an extraterrestrial climate. Also, everyone could use superpowers? Up to and including immortality, with no need for food? Why the hell did the Earth cooling have any effect on the people this post-MHA world?
Maybe Earth has lost orbit and moving away from the sun. In such a case the only "realistic" solution is migrating to another planet

Or maybe space travelling is much more easier for them than terraforming. Who knows what technology they have developed.

It's a common trope in scifi that advanced civilizations cannot develop our current technology. Like Star Wars can't use "real" laser for example.

What irks me is that there are countless ways to warm up Earth but she chose the most ridiculous option. Maybe it's because she's batshit crazy, because no sane human would ever think of such a dumb method.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe Earth has lost orbit and moving away from the sun. In such a case the only "realistic" solution is migrating to another planet

Or maybe space travelling is much more easier for them than terraforming. Who knows what technology they have developed.

It's a common trope in scifi that advanced civilizations cannot develop our current technology. Like Star Wars can't use "real" laser for example.

What irks me is that there are countless ways to warm up Earth but she chose the most ridiculous option. Maybe it's because she's batshit crazy, because no sane human would ever think of such a dumb method.
I already covered your counters, is the thing! Even if we pretend that just staying on Earth and dealing with it is somehow too hard, these people either need to make self-sustaining habitats for space travel, or they don't. If they do, just sitting in the habitats is inherently easier than moving to even the nearest star. Even if they have FTL, the distances involved are literally astronomical; a stellar civilization is the next step, no matter how you cut it. If they don't, then what do they care that the planet's frozen over? They can apparently thrive in space at that point.

Crazy how she’s getting the exact opposite of what she wanted, which was death. I could be wrong tho I’m a speed reader

Users who are viewing this thread