Fist of the Blue Sky

?????

Finally finished it... What a ride. It's as great as HOKUTO NO KEN. This definitely ends up as one of my most favorite mangas ever. Has everything that I want in a manga. Beautiful art, violence, manliness, tears, and humor. Love the Kenshiro that appears in here. He has all the loveable qualities of the original, but with even more personality since he's a smart ass. Also, really cool to see how much the Re:Genesis stuff diverges from the source material (A lot).

You want Buffed Manly Men fight then cry at the end of fights? This is the one for you

Dex-chan lover
Started off good and interesting, but jumped the shark and became nonsensical by the end. Hard to take some of the cliches repeated ad nauseum over and over again, and the "logic" shown by some of the martial artists. I enjoyed it more than I didn't overall, but I felt like it dragged on too long and should've known when to end.

Kind of like those TV shows that would've been great if they stopped at 5 seasons, but drag on for 8 or more, and become a caricature of themselves, and a shell of what they used to be. Then again, the same could be said of the original Hokuto no Ken, and other "classics". They were good until they weren't, and should've ended before the author ran out of ideas and inspiration.

Dex-chan lover
An Excellent Prequel, instead of reusing the same Dystopian Post-Apocalypse world, it welly utilizes the backdrop of a Corrupt Shanghai on the Verge of a World War! It's more comedic moments and Mafia-Plots are also refreshing too! Not to say HNK was bad, but rarely do you find a Prequel which introduces New Ideas which work! Usually they just rehash! Respect to Buronson and Hara! If only the Sequel to the Prequel wasn't on Hiatus...

If you enjoyed the original series and wanted to know more about the backstory there is plenty here to enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread