Flower War

I will ask the big question first.

Why not go into space and come back to reclaim earth after starting a forced ice age or something instead of making better weapons to fight the planet while living on it?

@LordGray A pathological obsession with giant robots? They spent all the money from every other research and procurement program on the mechs, from aircraft down to squad support weapons!

Why spend time to build giant colony ships that can support the remainder of human life when you can take already pre-made tech and strap it together to make a machine that can fight against...Planet Flora in a shape of machines?

Supporter
So humanity is the villain? Should I be rooting for the plants?

Dex-chan lover
STOP FIGHTING SWAMP THING AND THE GREEN YOU FILTHY PARASITES 😠😠😠😠

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Not a lot of this series out yet (ch. 14), but it's looking interesting so far; there's a few things I find kinda questionable but I get the feeling it's because of the translation.

The art and in particular its more hard-boiled style is very good and lends itself to some pretty immersive world building despite the story being somewhat trope-y and leaning slightly towards Mary Sue-style writing. In particular I found that it was good at capturing motion in individual panels, and the more modern/digital use of color was well executed. Really felt like the artist worked their medium.

As for my gripes: flat characters, particularly the MC, and combat scenes. Because of the setting and overall direction I feel like it can get away with having uninteresting characters so depending on how they handle that it could be a-ok-- combat is a bit worrisome though. Right now the combat feels very non-fluid because it keeps jumping chaotically between panels with very little sense of connectivity even when they're depicting the same thing/moment (which is not always the case, many times it changes focus entirely). It'd be fine if happened on occasion, but pretty much every fight scene is like this to a degree where it's whiplash inducing.

Overall I enjoyed it and I'm left wanting for more, but at the same time it feels like it's on the verge of going downhill very fast 🙃 will be rooting for this one!

Group Leader
First arc was nice. But then there's no ties with second arc and no explanations were given (reading JP license, I dropped at 26). No characters from first arc appear in second arc, we're just left hanging not knowing what happened after.

Users who are viewing this thread