Flying Witch - Vol. 10 Ch. 59 - Work in the city

Dex-chan lover
I would have thought cats aren't such big fans of rain.

There's a minor typo on page 7. Otherwise thanks for the tranlsation. Next chapter in April...that's a long wait.

Dex-chan lover
MMH????
Next chapter in April ??? It's going to be hard 😨😨😨

Dex-chan lover
In case anyone is wondering what is happening in the first panel of page 7, it's kiribi (切り火), a Japanese custom of bringing good luck to, or warding off evil from, someone leaving home. Using a flint and steel, you strike sparks in their direction.

@the_gremlin not furain guich, its the hiragana for the series title "furaingu uicchi" or literally spells for flying witch

Dex-chan lover
Man, when was the last time we had a witch actually fly? Feels like forever ago.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if it has anything to do with the story of the lucky cat? Where the emperor was travelling and when it started raining, the emperor and his men took cover under the rain. During that time, the emperor noticed a cat who was beckoning him over with one paw (who was sheltering underneath the temple?). The emperor decided to come over and as soon as he did, lightning struck down at the tree which would've killed the emperor.
(this is just straight up from my memory so I may have some details wrong here and there)

Wonder if any of the cats have anything to do with that legend?

Also thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread