Food Court de, Mata Ashita. - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
@sssr @EmeliaK @Enderzone thanks guys, reallly. Now I see that the majority of it I could somehow figure out on my own, but still some things like "come on strong" and these metaphors about tiny heart, that's very informative. I really appreciate that.

Dex-chan lover
@VINT64 Один тред говна, один тред меланхоличной печали и в итоге тред с кружком изучения английского разговорного. Обсуждение этой манги действительно делает хороший прогресс, лол.

Aggregator gang
Angry Yamamoto is a cute Yamamoto.

The only thing I can relate to in this chapter, marginally, is that I started reading some manga in their early stages before they went big. Can't really say the same for actors, musicians, youtubers.

On a side note, this translator's name is the best. "Event Line Junction Out of Phase" sounds so ridiculously sci-fi, I love it.

Edit: I read through the comments and saw that some people didn't like the strong language/cursing. I don't know Japanese, so I won't comment about the accuracy, but I do think that this fits into Wada's personality. Being an internet troll and harshly criticizing others, I can see her as a person that would casually drop the fuck bomb around Yamamoto, seeing as they're so close. I can also see her not dropping it in a setting where she's trying to be a "background character." I really like this translation/localization, whatever you want to call it. It makes me believe the character more, if that makes any sense?

Contributor
@gartender
For some reason, "Event Line Junction Out of Phase" keeps reminding me of Steins;Gate, even though there's no connection between them.

Group Leader
@EmeliaK

Thanks so much for TLing this! I know it's probably a pain given how's it's written so I appreciate the effort! Lmk if you ever need help with QC or TS for it!

Aggregator gang
@justforthelulz

For some reason, "Event Line Junction Out of Phase" keeps reminding me of Steins;Gate, even though there's no connection between them.

That's exactly what I thought at first, too. First, it was Steins;Gate, then I googled it to make sure that it wasn't a reference to some other sci-fi thing.

From what I saw, there's no reference.

Dex-chan lover
My feelings about stuff getting popular is a mix between Wada and Yamamoto, I like it when it's somewhat small, just popular enough to garner a good fanbase

@andrew_cg1 thought the same lol

Double-page supporter
I really like this translation, gives the characters a lot more personality in their dialogue.

Dex-chan lover
This is a more compelling translation, definitely more lively use of English idioms to get the feel of the conversation and a better sense of the characters. Thanks for scanlating!

Also is Event Line Junction Out of Phase a Love, Chunibyo reference?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the translation is definitely nicer.

But maybe it's just my ESL, some of the sentences still kinda felt off. Like:
"Seeing the one you're for start to take to the skies"
I get the gist of what she's saying, but this sentence doesn't sit right with me.
And I see there's a few people who brought this up too, I guess the way these girls speak is hard to translate. Makes me really want to learn moon.

Also it's nice to see Yamamoto also has something she is passionate about.

this tl is pretty good. want moar insane wada ramble. i want her to triple down on twitter/gatcha lingo to the point of intelligibility. and spice it up with some golden age pre GG chantalk its a meme u dip style u kno for the lulz

Dex-chan lover
I guess the way these girls speak is hard to translate. Makes me really want to learn moon
This is what translator said on page above, they supposed to be like this and their Japanese sounds a bit twisted as well. So I guess just learning moon is not enough, you have to speak fluent and learn internet slang to understand them. I struggled to get some of phrases in this chapter, but I'm not native English speaker anyway. So big thanks to guys who clarified the wordings.

This translation is definitely better, wow. I’m used to some pretty rough translations so this feels fresh. Thanks to the translators and I hope they keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread