Fool Night

Dex-chan lover
I'm desperate for more of this one. Even if I didn't think the story was interesting, the art could carry a whole series on its own.

Can a group PLEASE pick this manga up and follow it through? Dont bother if you are going to drop it

Dex-chan lover
messed up, the "wow this life is shit" kind.
but only in the beginning.

it's also like thriller or something???
i was literally boutta start bawling when yomiko got stabbed and then actually started bawling at mc's dream in ch. 26, like damn why am i so invested?? i even love that bitch akira and the homeless guy who's given dirty food.
i love these characters.

great art, great character development.
also yeah, "life is shit" comes back often.

Last edited:
Group Leader
This series is incredible in so many ways. The art is distinct, beautifully bleak, and yet everything from the fashion styling to the character designs and post-industrial brutalism of the backgrounds pulls you into the world effortlessly.

The story is nihilistic but not without humanity, starting off as a slow burn, exploring the characters and the circumstances that shaped them. Then, things pick up quickly, escalating into events that touch on the politics and bureaucratic maneuvering surrounding the characters, before the slow burn becomes a raging inferno of catastrophy both personal and social.

If you're looking for a series that combines science fiction, the characterization of literature, and the artistic style so rare to find among the recent flood of boilerplate fantasy isekai manga going around, Fool's Night is for you.

P.S. I can't be the only person who loves the clever wordplay of combining austerity (the political practice of removing crucial government support programs and welfare) and city into "Austercity", right? I'm a little jealous I didn't think of it!

Thank you for uploading one foolnightilion episodes, this series is amazing i am elated rn

Dex-chan lover
Sadly all the chapter comment got deleted. This series is soo unterrated and I really liked the discussion here on the forum. Great content.

Dex-chan lover
See this to find the purged comments from chapters 31 (The Farm) to 66 (Central).

Users who are viewing this thread